Yawn!

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Other than getting RS a chance to play and PT for everyone, that was sure an unevenful game. Hope Oto did not get injured at the end.

Next?

He appeared to be joking around with Welch after the game. Looked like he was ok.

The best stat of the game?

0 - the number of threads BigGopherFan made

Yeah. That was a yawner. Nice game by Ralph. Quincy hit on it multiple times though, our pick and roll defense is terrible. They've got a couple more tune up games to get that straightened out.

Yeah, relatively boring. But, it was nice to see the boys take the lead, never really be threatened, and close it out the way they should against an inferior team. That is definite improvement from earlier in the season.

Quincy also mentioned he didn't like the 'dribble weave' offense.

Also laughed at some of the official's calls.

My high school had that as part of our offense and we used it as a sort of ball screen between guards that also allows for a resourceful guard to turn like he was gonna hand it off and keep it and go to the hole. Worked pretty well at that level. But when you use it with the frequency the gophers do, it is less effective.

Is it time for a round robin for Big 10 games - That would get rid of 2 of these non-conference no name team games and still leave room for several non-conference games...

Is it time for a round robin for Big 10 games - That would get rid of 2 of these non-conference no name team games and still leave room for several non-conference games...

There are 12 Big Ten teams now...

Right now we play 7 teams twice and 4 teams once (2 home, 2 away). With a round robin we would have 22 conference games - with 2 more big10 games at home. Wouldn't your rather see that than St Peters and Mount St Mary's???

Right now we play 7 teams twice and 4 teams once (2 home, 2 away). With a round robin we would have 22 conference games - with 2 more big10 games at home. Wouldn't your rather see that than St Peters and Mount St Mary's???

4 more BIG games = 2 less home games = less $$$$$.

Pretty simple.

I would like another 4 Big Ten games. Just saying you would be gettin rid of 4 non-conference games and not 2.

You realize that is 11 teams, right? For a true round robin we would have to add 2 games with the 12th B1G ten team, leading to 24 conference games.

You realize that is 11 teams, right? For a true round robin we would have to add 2 games with the 12th B1G ten team, leading to 24 conference games.

Gopher hoopsters don't play with themselves, Zammy. Er.............

I do not think you play yourself twice! 11 X 2 = 22

My high school had that as part of our offense and we used it as a sort of ball screen between guards that also allows for a resourceful guard to turn like he was gonna hand it off and keep it and go to the hole. Worked pretty well at that level. But when you use it with the frequency the gophers do, it is less effective.
You guys go to math class before or after you practiced the weave dribble?

You guys go to math class before or after you practiced the weave dribble?
I apologize for making a mental error, wasn't the only one to do it. No need to be an a$$ about it. BTW most schools have practice AFTER SCHOOL

Oh and my math wasn't wrong, it was my logic. 12x2 definitely equals 24.

I apologize for making a mental error, wasn't the only one to do it. No need to be an a$$ about it. BTW most schools have practice AFTER SCHOOL

Oh and my math wasn't wrong, it was my logic. 12x2 definitely equals 24.
Just kidding around my friend. I'm sure your math is fine, most likely much better than my own.

I'd almost forgotten about the officials in that game - they were horrid! I'm usually objective enough to ignore the refs for the most part. Last game however, might have been one of the most poorly called games i've ever watched. The questionable calls (there were several) worked in the Gophers favor and i found myself actually feeling bad for St. Peters on a few occasions. It seemed lopsided enough that i remember feeling like the Gophers win wasn't as convincing to me as it may have been otherwise. I'm certainly glad we won in big fashion but i won't be expecting any freebies in conference play.

Top Bottom