And Elliason promptly disappears...

EE just isn't playing well. Freshman will be inconsistent. But where is your normal Mav hate?

EE just isn't playing well. Freshman will be inconsistent. But where is your normal Mav hate?

Haha. I haven't hated on mav in awhile. If you called out every person who has "hated" on mav over the past year, you would be very busy my friend. And besides, what did I say negative about EE besides the painfully obvious. The gophers have turned things around and look terrific. Seriously, this is a fun team to watch. We have an NBA first rounder finally playing like it, a crafty point guard, a wiry wing and a 7 footer who can shoot. I like it!!! Let's hope Dre injury isn't too serious.

Am I the only one who fould Eliason's mannerisms a lot more annoying tonight that in the previous two games? It's funny what annoys you when a player is not playing well versus when that player is playing well.

I agree with katze though, I don't expect Eliason to be solid to good each and every night. I just hope we get the good version in a couple crucial conference games.

That was a tough match-up for Goose. I'd have to imagine Butts was the biggest, strongest opposition Elliott has ever had to face. He got frustrated early, and never got out of that funk. That will happen to a freshman. He'll have his games where's he's very productive and fun to watch. And he'll have games where he is over-matched, frustrated, and difficult to watch. Over the course of the season, I think we'll be happy with Goose's overall production.

No surprise.. as discussed in the game preview:

...some may want to temper their evaluation and current expectations of the redshirt freshman a bit.

Absolutely need Ralph in order for this team to have a chance of reaching a meaningful postseason.

That was a tough match-up for Goose.

Over the course of the season, I think we'll be happy with Goose's overall production.

Did ' The Goose ' get a nickname we didn't know about? :)

I was not too considered about EE's play, freshman will have games that are not as good as others, and a rough came also came against a very difficult matchup against Butts. I think he will bounce back from that. What did upset me was when he checked out and didn't know how many free throws were coming. I was livid, and it looked like Tubby was not very happy about it either.

I'm not in support of his game last night (stat line was awful), but he was active as usual when he was on the floor. He was busy setting ball screens like nobody's business, and he prevented quite a few baskets from being scored underneath the basket. Better performances will be needed, but he looks like he's playing hard.

However, hustle and effort don't matter much if your head isn't in the game. First he commits a blatantly obvious blocking foul out near half court, then he spends the next full minute complaining to the ref, then he watches a missed front end go off of his hands out of bounds and starts complaining again. That is unacceptable, he will learn though.

GopherHoopsFan

EE and RS

In my opinion you have to think of it this way. EE was not playing well, as has been pointed out. He's a freshman. And a freshman BIG at that. You can tell that EE has the tools, however, a little more time to develop will help him. He seems to see the floor well, and game speed doesn't seem to be an issue like it does for most freshman, especially BIGS. On top of all of that, it was good to get Sampson on the floor again for some good solid minutes. You can tell he hadn't played in awhile, but to his credit, he did play quite a bit with the second teamers.

Honestly, Eliason should be balling every single day. Obviously he's not that good, otherwise he wouldn't have off games like this. I think any freshman playing his 10th game should be consistent day in and day out, like every other good freshman in the nation.

You wouldn't see Harrison Barnes go 0-12 or something outrageous like that early in his freshman year, cause he doesn't suck......oh wait

Trevor would have powered through Butts and gotten a few quick fouls drawn.

Elliott's is only a freshman, however, hopefully this is what we can expect that other teams will be saying of Mo Walker when he comes back.

great headline post rip the frosh nice guy

Didn't you know? Mercilessly ripping our own players is welcomed and encouraged, but if you say one cross word about Wisconsin, "BigGopherFan" will be sure to lecture you about it!

Didn't you know? Mercilessly ripping our own players is welcomed and encouraged, but if you say one cross word about Wisconsin, "BigGopherFan" will be sure to lecture you about it!

Haha, I'm ALWAYS so negative. I mean there is no reason to ever say anything detrimental about Division I athletes. It's just not acceptable. Here another "negative" post by me from this very thread:

"And besides, what did I say negative about EE besides the painfully obvious. The gophers have turned things around and look terrific. Seriously, this is a fun team to watch. We have an NBA first rounder finally playing like it, a crafty point guard, a wiry wing and a 7 footer who can shoot. I like it!!! Let's hope Dre injury isn't too serious."

Haha, I'm ALWAYS so negative. I mean there is no reason to ever say anything detrimental about Division I athletes. It's just not acceptable. Here another "negative" post by me from this very thread:

"And besides, what did I say negative about EE besides the painfully obvious. The gophers have turned things around and look terrific. Seriously, this is a fun team to watch. We have an NBA first rounder finally playing like it, a crafty point guard, a wiry wing and a 7 footer who can shoot. I like it!!! Let's hope Dre injury isn't too serious."

So you deny that you are quite frequently ripping on Minnesota players? Do you really want to travel down this road? Think long and hard about your answer.

So you deny that you are quite frequently ripping on Minnesota players? Do you really want to travel down this road? Think long and hard about your answer.

I'm not getting into a pissing match with you. The point is, my posts are never always positive and never always negative. The reality is somewhere in the middle. Like the post I showed you, I don't ALWAYS rip on the team like you think. I also don't deny that I am very harsh sometimes when the team/individual players don't perform. I'm also not the only person on here to "rip" the team or players or Tubby, etc. In fact, last night after a WIN there was a lot of negative posts (not by me).

The point is, my posts are never always positive and never always negative.

They sure are always positive whenever you're talking about Wisconsin and/or Royce White.

Like the post I showed you, I don't ALWAYS rip on the team like you think.

I never said that you do. It is undeniable, however, that a large percentage of your posts are ripping on players, more so than one would think for such a "BigGopherFan".

I'm also not the only person on here to "rip" the team or players or Tubby, etc. In fact, last night after a WIN there was a lot of negative posts (not by me).

That's fine. How many of those posters attempt to be the thought police by telling others what they can and cannot speak negatively about, while out of the other side of their mouth lambasting the effort and performance of amateur athletes?

I'm hoping this game was good timing for Elliott and it will show him what it's going to take to compete in B1G play.

If you watch a replay of the free throw sequence, the referee signaled two free throws. That is why no one moved on the first free throw.

They sure are always positive whenever you're talking about Wisconsin and/or Royce White.

I never said that you do. It is undeniable, however, that a large percentage of your posts are ripping on players, more so than one would think for such a "BigGopherFan".

That's fine. How many of those posters attempt to be the thought police by telling others what they can and cannot speak negatively about, while out of the other side of their mouth lambasting the effort and performance of amateur athletes?

Ok

Top Bottom