(Jason) King's Court: Some more "love" for Gophers, Rodney

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Also mention of Virginia Tech's losses to Gophers and K-State likely being fatal if Hokies end up on the bubble.

It's nice to see Gophers getting notice from national college basketball writers, but I still have significant reservations until we hit conference play. Am going to enjoy every win the Gophers get -- no matter the opponent -- but we're not going to know what we have until we see how the Gophers perform (sans Mbakwe) vs. Illinois and Michigan in hostile environments (true road games) to open the B1G season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...t-scours-nation-all-latest-college-basketball

I agree. We're going to finish the rest of our schedule undefeated and these wins are wonderful to be sure but they are a bit of a fools gold rush. I think if we can manage a .500 record in conference we'll be in a decent shape for an NCAA bid. We'll see.

SS,

Agree with you on us not knowing anything about this team until league play starts.

They beat a couple of middle-of-the-pack BCS teams at home. That's good. It's way better than the alternative. But it doesn't answer what happens when the competition gets better and the adrenaline from trying to respond to the Trevor injury wears off.

Remember, the Gophers beat Arizona State at home in the first game of the Molinari era. They followed that up with a double OT loss at a decent UAB team.

Top Bottom