Don Lucia Agrees To Contract Extension

Do NOT like. This should have been contingent on this team getting it's act together this year and making a strong run at the Frozen Four.

Lucia Gets An Extension

Maturi must be getting ready to fire him.

How much longer until good ol' Joel is shown the door?

I don't follow hockey that closely, but from what little I do know it seems like winning championships at the U should be about as difficult as winning World Series with the Yankees. Am I missing something with Lucia?

I think Lucia might have saved his job by finally getting rid of Assistant Coach Hill, and hiring back Mike Guentzel, one of the best assistants and recruiters in the business.

I don't follow hockey that closely, but from what little I do know it seems like winning championships at the U should be about as difficult as winning World Series with the Yankees. Am I missing something with Lucia?

It's not as easy as you might think when all of the other colleges are recruiting Canadians and athletes from around the country. It's pretty tough to be that good when you are recruiting from just one area, even if we have been historically good at producing talent for a long time. The rest of the nation is simply catching up at producing highly talented hockey players. There is a ton of talent to go around now.

UMD did alright with Minnesota kids last year, but then we wouldn't beat them in football either.

UMD did alright with Minnesota kids last year, but then we wouldn't beat them in football either.

They had 8 Canadians on their roster last year, including fontaine and Connolly who were their best players. Not to mention their starting goaltender was from Pennsylvania.

Top Bottom