Maturi on Mich loss: I never expected what I saw.

Geez, as someone who thinks people are too tough on him, he sometimes should just not say anything. Ready, aim, fire.

Maturi Equals

Joel Maturi = Clueless putz. Two losses to NDSU in Football, South Dakota, and NMSU. Contract extension for Lucia 3 Years = EPIC FAIL, Hiring UQNUALIFIED head coach in football, Tim Brewster then firing him mid-season in 2010
without a real plan.(Should still seek refund from Search Firm) Hires football coach that is 5th choice in 2010 after "Tubby Smith Like hire to media and BS statements about payingup to 2.5 million", gives contract extension to worthless Women's basketball coach Borton at $600,000 a year that has done nothing but tank the program after 2004, biggest mistake of all hiring John Harris as director of Golf, who then subjects the University to a worthless lawsuit that will cost to much money to settle. Yes clueless putz is about right.

Awesome!!!

Let's see if we can fire this thread up to about 60 or 80 posts!!

That and Joel Maturi tried to create the "We are Minnesota" Cheer after stealing it from Penn State. Joel deserves 10 lashes for that weenine cheer alone.

It ain't easy being Joel. Speaking of Lucia's contract, how is Tubby's extension that has been 'with lawyers' for 2 years coming along Joel?

But Joel has the non revenue sports setting so good. We should be happy.

It might be time to start the email campaign to Prexy K to not renew Maturi's contract. If we are serious about it...now is the time...put your money where your mouth is...season ticket renewals for FB, BB and Hockey, annual giving...time for the change...time for the U to know that we will hold them accountable for the people they have running our sports programs...especially at the top.

It might be time to start the email campaign to Prexy K to not renew Maturi's contract. If we are serious about it...now is the time...put your money where your mouth is...season ticket renewals for FB, BB and Hockey, annual giving...time for the change...time for the U to know that we will hold them accountable for the people they have running our sports programs...especially at the top.

Be sure to CC: Gopher football head coach Mike Leach.

My favorite line by Maturi was when he restated Brewster's opinion that this is the same team that beat Ill and IA last year...not withstanding of course the graduation of 4 SR OL, a RSSR 4 year starting QB, SR TE and top RB from Offense and 2 Starting DTs a DE, SR MLB, a SR CB and a SR Safety. Other than those 7 Offensive starters and 6 defensive starters...we are the same team. Now if only Brew would have left us 14 Jrs that could step into the graduating Seniors shoes...but not so much. At one point, we had 4 FR and 4 RSFR starting on offense against MI...not gonna win a lot of games with that starting offense.

It ain't easy being Joel. Speaking of Lucia's contract, how is Tubby's extension that has been 'with lawyers' for 2 years coming along Joel?

The extension is buried beneath the contracts and blueprints for the practice facility and baseball field.

$451,000 a year for what he has done to this University is a joke! If he had any guts he would just quit.

"..."It's a situation where if indeed he were not to be successful and we had to make that kind of decision the buyout isn't 100 percent for the term of the contract," Maturi said. "It's that type of thing. It's very similar to what we did with Tim Brewster. ... We didn't have to buy him out more than had we dismissed him from the initial (contract)..." (quote)

Does anyone suppose that the hockey coach will be bought out mid-season if things don't go so well? It sounds like the "...brew-clause..." is the new way for the U of M to deal with revenue sport coaches. Very interesting...and I am sure very informative to all other potential coaches across the land. This should attract some attention! Some kind of p. r.!
I think the U of M athletic department has hired some top-notched contract attorneys. "Kingsfield would be proud..." (character from THE PAPER CHASE)
; 0 )

The situation is so far past laughable, embarrassing, etc. thats it's hard to even get riled up at badger Joel at this point.

It sounds as though you have lost all hope "to kill a badger..." Maybe Atticus Finch can finally put that mockingbird role to bed and start dealing with those trying to kill a badger if you offer him the role of ad.

; 0 )

"They've listened to a lot of coaches tell them, 'Be patient, we're building, we're building,'" Maturi said. "And you know what? All of us, all of a sudden you're mindset is enough's enough. And you out go and right off the bat they make some plays (at Michigan) and you start saying, 'Are you kidding me?'

I have a couple of ideas about what Maturi is saying in the above statement, but the use of the words "they" and "you" make it difficult to be sure. The first time I read it the "are you kidding me" seemed to mean, "do we really suck this badly?" Or is it that Maturi is saying the players do not believe what the coaches are saying.

I did do the homework on the front end,..

Maturi did "his homework" on Brewster too. I would suggest he get himself a tutor the next time he sits down to do "his homework". Doing your homework doesn't do anybody any good if you consistently do it wrong.

Section 105: what kind of homework was done on Brewster in your opinion? How would having a tutor help? Please explain fully! This was a very interesting comment that you made and I would like to hear more about what you have to say about the homework done on the Brewster hire?

What did you think about the Brrewster hire?

What's Kaler's email? I'll send my email as soon as someone posts the address.

Section 105: what kind of homework was done on Brewster in your opinion? How would having a tutor help? Please explain fully! This was a very interesting comment that you made and I would like to hear more about what you have to say about the homework done on the Brewster hire?

Maturi's quote at press conference:

After that set of interviews, I really did my homework. I’ve spoken to Mike Shanahan on more than one occasion. I’ve spoken to Marty Schottenheimer. I’ve spoken to Brad Childress. I’ve spoken to other colleagues that I have in the profession about Tim. I’ve spoken to the grounds crew at Mile High Stadium because I wanted to know what kind of a person, not just what kind of football coach we’re getting.

.....and that was my first contact with Tim was that first interview process. I’ll have to say that when he left the room, I said, ‘That guy is for real.’ (the ridiculousness of that quote really does sum up Joel's impact on the football program)

The University on Minnesota should re-hire Brewster.

He would be temendously qualified to teach a course on 'How to sell yourself to a prospective employer'.

Top Bottom