Carter is considered day to day; Westbrook to return on Sat.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus Fuller:

Carter, diagnosed with an ankle sprain after the game, joined sophomore guard Lawrence Westbrook (shin) and senior center Jon Williams (hernia) on the injured list. Carter is considered day to day.

Westbrook, the team's scoring leader, is expected to return Saturday against North Dakota State after missing his first game. Williams is scheduled to miss another month.

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_11085000

Go Gophers!!

good new, if correct! On TV it looked & sounded a lot worse than day-to-day.

per Marcus Fuller:

Carter, diagnosed with an ankle sprain after the game, joined sophomore guard Lawrence Westbrook (shin) and senior center Jon Williams (hernia) on the injured list. Carter is considered day to day.

Westbrook, the team's scoring leader, is expected to return Saturday against North Dakota State after missing his first game. Williams is scheduled to miss another month.

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_11085000

Go Gophers!!

William's hernia must have been pretty bad. I know there are all kinds of hernias, but he seems to be out a long time. I had hernia surgery last spring and in 2 weeks I could do pretty much what I wanted as far as activities.

Ankle sprains can be worse than a break

depending on the severity of the sprain. The damage to tendons and ligaments can be worse with a sprain. If the bone breaks, it can spare the soft tissue damage. You'll often hear an Orthopod say that someone would have been better off with a break. This is the reason I was upbeat after Torri's break a few years ago.
Hopefully he'll be ok - we'll think good thoughts!
I suspect Williams' groin problem was an undiagnosed hernia for quite some time which can complicate the surgery and healing process.

William's hernia must have been pretty bad. I know there are all kinds of hernias, but he seems to be out a long time. I had hernia surgery last spring and in 2 weeks I could do pretty much what I wanted as far as activities.

When you are as big as Williams, there is no such thing as a small hernia.

I had hernia surgery last spring and in 2 weeks I could do pretty much what I wanted as far as activities.

Did those activities include banging your surgically-repaired body against a 6-10, 250 pound center every day for two hours? I think I heard that Jon is running and doing some weight lifting, but to get out there and bang around with Iverson (or a guy like Brandon Moore last night) is not normal activity.

No I didn't bang against any big guys for 2 hours in practice. I could run and lift as much weight as I wanted. I did state that I realize there are different levels of hernias as I stated in the first post, I was implying his must have been bad or complicated, not making light of his injury.

Top Bottom