Will the Gophers fight back this week?

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Win, lose, or draw, will they be scrappy, disciplined and consistent? and will the OC and DC come up with smart, sensible plans for maxing our advantages? I think so, and I think we'll win. I also expect the Gophers to at least throw a scare into some of the big boys on the remaining schedule (especially Iowa) and to win one more game after Purdue for a 3-9 season. By contrast, a 1-11 season would be systemic failure by the new regime.

Pride.

I'm hoping to see some on display tomorrow.

That being said, I'm convinced a significant amount of the issues right now is just plain guys thinking too much. Still haven't picked up the changes in scheme/playbook and are still thinking and processing rather than just flying around. That's why I fully anticipate this team improving every single week between now and the end of the season.

I'm hoping the combination of comfort level, familiarity with the playbook and finding out which guys really WANT to play will make for a much more enjoyable and entertaining last several games to the season (end result notwithstanding).

There are two ways that a team can respond when they are outmatched in terms of talent. They can figure they have no chance, give up before the game starts, and lose 58-0, or they can get tough, grow a chip on their shoulder, and come out with every ounce of effort they have desperately trying to prove people wrong. Win or lose, I hope Coach Kill brings out that chip on the shoulder mentality this week.

Top Bottom