Chris Monter Q&A: Blue Earth Lineman Sam Lee Hopes to Lands His Own Gopher Offer

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sam Lee, a 6-foot-5, 300-pound senior lineman from Blue Earth (Minn,) High, is one of two massive bookends for the Buccaneers football team. Lee is a teammate of Gopher commit, who has attracted some recruiting offers and interest. GopherHole.com attended their 22-16 win over Waseca and caught up with Lee to learn the latest on his senior season and his recruitment.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1498

Lee seems to be the type of kid that puts the Gophers in a pickle of sorts. He doesn't have any FBS offers, but could be a kid who would develop into a solid player. I'm guessing he will get at least a preferred walk-on offer from the Gophers, but is that going to be enough when he can get a full scholarship at either of the Dakota schools? It was easier to lure walk-ons when it was $30/credit at the U (Wow, am I dating myself!)

I haven't seen him play, but someone on the board last year was pretty impressed when they saw him play. One of those kids who may be worth the offer depending on how many we have left when all the dust settles.

Lee seems to be the type of kid that puts the Gophers in a pickle of sorts. He doesn't have any FBS offers, but could be a kid who would develop into a solid player. I'm guessing he will get at least a preferred walk-on offer from the Gophers, but is that going to be enough when he can get a full scholarship at either of the Dakota schools? It was easier to lure walk-ons when it was $30/credit at the U (Wow, am I dating myself!)

I haven't seen him play, but someone on the board last year was pretty impressed when they saw him play. One of those kids who may be worth the offer depending on how many we have left when all the dust settles.

I agree. We have a solid set of OL in this class and last years. He sounds like a great kid, good sized and would be nice to have, but we have other needs and not sure if we have room for another lineman. The question is will he come here as a walk-on and try to prove himself and earn a schollie and spot, especially with his teammate already going here.

Kill says we want kids that want to be here. Quickness, agility and speed are pretty high on the list. But heart is #1.

For those that have seen Blue Earth play, is Lee a better offensive lineman right now than Pirsig? I remember a comment from one of the Rivals guys that they liked Pirsig's potential, but that a number of folks thought he had an o-line teammate who was better right now than Pirsig.

When the attrition tree shakes after this season, we have to find a way to get this kid a scholie. The Gophers better start beefing up the protection for the QBs. The beefier the better. I marvel at Wisky's OL.

Also, as I have always felt, we have to offer a scholie to Antonio Ford.

Top Bottom