ESPN Bottom 10: Minnesota #9

I wouldn't of had aTm on that list. At least they are 2-2 with quality losses.

I wouldn't of had aTm on that list. At least they are 2-2 with quality losses.
It's a joke, just like when ESPN put Iowa in the bottom five last year after their loss to us.

The "Bottom 10" always reserves the #5 spot for a big time program going through a tough time. The #5 spot is there for humor, and poking fun at schools that would normally NEVER appear in the bottom 10. It will be someone else next week. Unfortunately, the other 9 spots are legit. The Gophers spent much of last year on the bottom 10 too, until the final two weeks of the season.

The "Bottom 10" always reserves the #5 spot for a big time program going through a tough time. The #5 spot is there for humor, and poking fun at schools that would normally NEVER appear in the bottom 10. It will be someone else next week. Unfortunately, the other 9 spots are legit. The Gophers spent much of last year on the bottom 10 too, until the final two weeks of the season.

Ok, didn't know that. Explains why aTm was there.

Well, Oscar Wilde once said that "the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about."

The Power Ratings Bottom 10
111. Buffalo (0-4)
112. Idaho (0-4)
113. Arizona (0-4)
114. UL-Monroe (0-3)
115. UAB (0-4)
116. Kent State (0-4)
117. FAU (0-4)
118. New Mexico (0-4)
119. Akron (0-4)
120. Memphis (0-4)

Gophers not far removed at #101.

All of this is talk.

Or in Bob Dylan's terms....IDIOT WIND.

Apparently, he disagrees with talking. And here I thought talking about Gopher football was the purpose of this message board.

Are there any sports outlets that have us in the bottom 10?

The Power Ratings Bottom 10
111. Buffalo (0-4)
112. Idaho (0-4)
113. Arizona (0-4)
114. UL-Monroe (0-3)
115. UAB (0-4)
116. Kent State (0-4)
117. FAU (0-4)
118. New Mexico (0-4)
119. Akron (0-4)
120. Memphis (0-4)

Gophers not far removed at #101.

Isn't that Boise State's remaining schedule?

Pretty close to it.

Boise has figured out the right formula. Have an ugly field that everyone likes to talk about, play about 2 or maybe 3 difficult games per season & then if they win both they'll likely end up in a BCS game. And then if they don't get to play for the BCS title, they can get a lot of folks to whine on their behalf simply because they're undefeated playing mostly weak (WAC & now Mountain West) competition.

That said, I do have to give them credit for winning the games they have to have, the Georgias, Oregons & Virginia Techs of the world, etc. Lose any of those games and there's no BCS.

Top Bottom