Mike Grimm on KFAN- Coaching Example.

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Ryan Orton is a 5th year senior who was recruited by Mason and staff. If you compare him to a 5th year OL player at Wisconsin or Iowa, how many compined voices of HC,OC,OL coaches has he heard?

Orton- 13
Wisc OL- 3
Iowa OL- 3

That was quite frightening when I heard that too.

I thought he had to be messed up when he said it, then I tabulated myself. From the time a fifth year guy was recruited and here's what I came up with:

1) Mason
2) Browning
3) Shaw
4) Brewster
5) Dunbar
6) Meyer
7) Fish
8) Davis
9) Horton (OC and HC)
10) Hammock
11) Kill
12) Limegrover (OC and OL)

I didn't get to 13, but he may have counted Limegrover or Horton as two separate spots or I may have missed someone. Either way, that is remarkable. He said that Orton was basically a freshman four times over in his career and while that might be hyperbole, it is a stark difference from our counterparts to the east and south. They have fifth year guys playing who are absolutely solid in the system and duties. Our fifth year guys are learning their fourth system and still not sure what to do.

Doesn't mean we should lose 58-0, but still something to think about.

It helps to explain the line play that we've seen, no doubt about it.

It doesn't really prevent the point from being made but Wynn was still in High School when Mason, Shaw, and Browning left. All they did was recruit him. They never coached him for a minute.

It would be like blaming Brewster for DCT running a poor route.

And we have prexy b and badger joel macturi to BLAME for the incredible instability..

within the football program. prexy k should send someone over to badger joel macturi' s office and have the lock changed while macturi i "out to lunch..." today. bjm should be boo'd whenever he appears on the jumbo for any more games this year by all of us in attendance at TCF BANK STADIUM. Current students at the U of M should march to his office and the office of prexy k, stage a sit-in and DEMAND badger joel macturi's removal.

It is OUTRAGEOUS that the University of Minnesota administrators have run such an unstable program. What they have done to the student athletes on the football team is BEYOND institutional abuse and neglect...

I hope that Reusse, or one of the other journalists around town will look into this matter and make a REALLY BIG DEAL about it. badger joel macturi MUST be forced to resign in shame as a result of the instability he has overseen.

The administrators at the University of Minnesota need to be held personally accountable for this outrage! The administration at the University of Minnesota has totally FAILED for the past five years and has been totally unwilling, unable and probably has been totally UNCONCERNED about the wasteful and neglectful and incompetent management style of badger joel macturi in running the Football Program into the ground.

Throw him under the bus...back the bus up and run over him again...and again...and again. Be a MAN, prexy k....get badger joel macturi out of here NOW!

; 0 (

within the football program. prexy k should send someone over to badger joel macturi' s office and have the lock changed while macturi i "out to lunch..." today. bjm should be boo'd whenever he appears on the jumbo for any more games this year by all of us in attendance at TCF BANK STADIUM. Current students at the U of M should march to his office and the office of prexy k, stage a sit-in and DEMAND badger joel macturi's removal.

It is OUTRAGEOUS that the University of Minnesota administrators have run such an unstable program. What they have done to the student athletes on the football team is BEYOND institutional abuse and neglect...

I hope that Reusse, or one of the other journalists around town will look into this matter and make a REALLY BIG DEAL about it. badger joel macturi MUST be forced to resign in shame as a result of the instability he has overseen.

The administrators at the University of Minnesota need to be held personally accountable for this outrage! The administration at the University of Minnesota has totally FAILED for the past five years and has been totally unwilling, unable and probably has been totally UNCONCERNED about the wasteful and neglectful and incompetent management style of badger joel macturi in running the Football Program into the ground.

Throw him under the bus...back the bus up and run over him again...and again...and again. Be a MAN, prexy k....get badger joel macturi out of here NOW!

; 0 (

Please stop posting the same stuff over and over....the reason why I don't post and read more often is because I can't handle long-winded repetitive posts by people such as yourself.

hammer: short, totally "say nothing" posts such as yours make me realize that there is a real need for content, some length and stick-to-it passion in posting!

So, let's see: you are happy that for the past five years there has been total instability destroying the Gopher Football Program...so much so that the program is in no way shape or form comeptetive within the Big Ten Conference?

People like you are satisfied with what the administration has done to this program?

Well, I guess you DESERVE these 58-0 headbashings then.

I want to at least go down swinging at the administrators who have perpetrted and maintained this hopeless downward spiral of the past five years.

I'd post just exactly the way I post with or without someone like you hammertime. Enjoy your 58-0 headbashings. Personally, I am going to speak out against the administrators who have brought the U of M Football Program to the woeful state it is currently experiencing.

Have a really nice day hammertime...

p.s. If the administrative team and especially badger joel macturi was doing a great job hiring and firing and managing the football program while accumulating these 55-0 and 58-0 Big Ten head bashings...I wouldn't have to be posting here...

; 0 )

imthewalrus not only has a tiny penis, he also has a tiny self image. Anytime his posting technique is questioned, he instantly calls out his critics as Maturi/Brewster/Prexy B apologists. Instead of actually processing what was posted, he babbles for 2 hours on some garbage about how Maturi and Prexy B ran the program into the ground and how Mase's B1G record was the greatest we've ever seen... But in many, many more words.

It's unfortunate that the admin/mods here don't seem to do much with him and a few other trolls here. Purgatory would fit nice.

hammer: short, totally "say nothing" posts such as yours make me realize that there is a real need for content, some length and stick-to-it passion in posting!

So, let's see: you are happy that for the past five years there has been total instability destroying the Gopher Football Program...so much so that the program is in no way shape or form comeptetive within the Big Ten Conference?

People like you are satisfied with what the administration has done to this program?

Well, I guess you DESERVE these 58-0 headbashings then.

I want to at least go down swinging at the administrators who have perpetrted and maintained this hopeless downward spiral of the past five years.

I'd post just exactly the way I post with or without someone like you hammertime. Enjoy your 58-0 headbashings. Personally, I am going to speak out against the administrators who have brought the U of M Football Program to the woeful state it is currently experiencing.

Have a really nice day hammertime...

p.s. If the administrative team and especially badger joel macturi was doing a great job hiring and firing and managing the football program while accumulating these 55-0 and 58-0 Big Ten head bashings...I wouldn't have to be posting here...

; 0 )

Speaking your mind is one thing.....always spinning every topic into bashing the administration is a whole different ball of wax. Currently we have what we have....I'm as hopeful that a new athletic director will be here shortly as the next Gopher loving fan. But everyone on this board knows your disdain for Maturi and saying it over and over and over isn't going to do anything but annoy the rest of us.

imthewalrus not only has a tiny penis, he also has a tiny self image. Anytime his posting technique is questioned, he instantly calls out his critics as Maturi/Brewster/Prexy B apologists. Instead of actually processing what was posted, he babbles for 2 hours on some garbage about how Maturi and Prexy B ran the program into the ground and how Mase's B1G record was the greatest we've ever seen... But in many, many more words.

It's unfortunate that the admin/mods here don't seem to do much with him and a few other trolls here. Purgatory would fit nice.

I've also noticed in my short time on GH that your "O" doesn't seem to fit with the rest of your Minnesota sport themed logos.....did you decide that the MN sports landscape wasn't inept enough you had to include the Cubs as well???:)

I've also noticed in my short time on GH that your "O" doesn't seem to fit with the rest of your Minnesota sport themed logos.....did you decide that the MN sports landscape wasn't inept enough you had to include the Cubs as well???:)

It was either the T-Wolves or the Cubbies. They both are interchangeable, except that that Cubs been inept for much, much longer than the T-Pups. I might change it out when the NBA lockout ends.. Love, Ricky, Beasly (well, maybe), and D. Williams kinda got me intrigued. Add to that Adelman.. I'm interested.

Speaking your mind is one thing.....always spinning every topic into bashing the administration is a whole different ball of wax. Currently we have what we have....I'm as hopeful that a new athletic director will be here shortly as the next Gopher loving fan. But everyone on this board knows your disdain for Maturi and saying it over and over and over isn't going to do anything but annoy the rest of us.

Agreed, not everything is about the AD. And while certain deranged people won't be happy unless Matrui is publicly flogged, tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail, the reality is that he's going to be given his gold watch when he retires. I think he should retire just because he's becoming too much of a distraction.

Or perhaps Wren is actually working for Maturi, trying to make those who want Maturi to retire look ridiculous.

Probably the single most informative post of the last two years.

It was either the T-Wolves or the Cubbies. They both are interchangeable, except that that Cubs been inept for much, much longer than the T-Pups. I might change it out when the NBA lockout ends.. Love, Ricky, Beasly (well, maybe), and D. Williams kinda got me intrigued. Add to that Adelman.. I'm interested.

I'm definitely interested to see how the T-Wolves progress in the next few years and how their roster fills out. With all the top picks it has to happen one of these years...

I'm willing to bet that once maturi is gone wren will continue to drunk post about the same exact crap. Nothing will change with him.

Good luck to the player mentioned in the op. I am sure that if we are fair in discussing the assortment of coaches involved, there are many positives that can come from being exposed to different teaching styles and certainly one or more of these styles meshed well with his personal learning styles. It's all good!

It doesn't really prevent the point from being made but Wynn was still in High School when Mason, Shaw, and Browning left. All they did was recruit him. They never coached him for a minute.

It would be like blaming Brewster for DCT running a poor route.

I didn't take his tone as assigning blame at all. He was just explaining the deal, that from recruitment through graduation, the 5th year guys have had a lot to learn, almost every year. Orton, for example, had to learn the Dunbar offense, the Fish offense, the Horton offense, and the Limegrover offense. Four O's in five years.

I didn't take his tone as assigning blame at all. He was just explaining the deal, that from recruitment through graduation, the 5th year guys have had a lot to learn, almost every year. Orton, for example, had to learn the Dunbar offense, the Fish offense, the Horton offense, and the Limegrover offense. Four O's in five years.

Don't forget the infamous bowl game experiment in 2008 after Dunbar was fired when we converted from Spread to Power Run offense. Of course Brew quickly abandoned that for proclaimed genius Jed Fisch.......

Top Bottom