Chris Monter Q&A: Gopher Recruit Jonah Pirsig Leads Blue Earth To 5-0 Start

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Jonah Pirsig, a 6-foot-9, 300-pound rising senior left tackle/defensive end from Blue Earth (MN) High, has lead the Buccaneers to a 5-0 record. Pirsig, who is one of the state’s most highly recruited players from the Class of 2012, committed to Minnesota July 30th. GopherHole.com attended their 22-16 win over Waseca and caught up with Pirsig to learn the latest on his senior season and plans for his freshman year with the Golden Gophers.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1494

Glad to see he wants to redshirt. I hope all OL and DL recruits get redshirted from here on out.

Does anyone have any insight into this comment: "There are a couple of new guys that haven’t committed, but hopefully, we can get them to commit to the “U and help Jerry Kill out.”

Sounds like he's trying to help out with recruiting, and to my knowledge Will Johnson was the only remaining Minnesotan with an offer.

Oh boy, does that mean another 1 win season next year?

Our OL will get better every year.

Pirsig is not Seantrel Henderson. If he is not redshirted next year, Brewster swung and missed on more OL. The guys playing this year should all be able to to play ahead of Jonah next year.

Does anyone have any insight into this comment: "There are a couple of new guys that haven’t committed, but hopefully, we can get them to commit to the “U and help Jerry Kill out.”

Sounds like he's trying to help out with recruiting, and to my knowledge Will Johnson was the only remaining Minnesotan with an offer.

I'm kind of hoping Sam Lee gets on offer. With his size and familiarity playing with Pirsig, I think they could continue to develop and become an outstanding tandem at the next level.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1498

Top Bottom