Press Conference Minutes 24:40 to 28:20

The presser notes (thanks GL) seem so much different than actually watching it. Kill provides the proper context in which his comments are made. I totally believe in what he is saying and our program has many more problems than just lack of talent.

Thanks for the link to the presser! Should put everything in context for everyone to show he is NOT throwing kids "under the bus" like many think.

Not sure if it was in the minute time frame the OP posted, but I especially liked the part about the fumble-TD scUM had, he talked about who was playing hard that play by sprinting all the way to the goal line to try and catch that guy. He obviously likes kids who work hard.

Not sure if it was in the minute time frame the OP posted, but I especially liked the part about the fumble-TD scUM had, he talked about who was playing hard that play by sprinting all the way to the goal line to try and catch that guy. He obviously likes kids who work hard.

Great segment...Can't remember who he mentioned by name that hustled (and won't go through the trouble of finding the right timeline) but he also said something like "and then there were 3 or 4 guys that didn't give it their all". He (and the staff) know who they are...the other players know who they are, and I hope those players learn from that.

If not, they're asses will be on the bench.

In case you didn't notice: I got Coach Kills back, and I'm gonna need more evidence that he's not the right coach.

This guy is a Saturday Night Live bit waiting to happen. Not that it's a bad thing, but he's just a character. There's nothing bland about the man. He is what is he and he's never going to apologize for being human. Maybe he'll turn this around, maybe he won't, but he's going to give you 100% while trying to do so.

Good thread, good link.

You could see the lack of success (and undoubtedly the media/fans voicing concerns) is taking a toll.

I wonder if Kill or any of the coaches/players read this board? It would be nice to have a pre-game thread each week where we can (for what it's worth) send out some encouragement to them. I hate to think they're only getting the Reusse type feedback. Kind of a pregame pep rally thread.

Good thread, good link.

You could see the lack of success (and undoubtedly the media/fans voicing concerns) is taking a toll.

I wonder if Kill or any of the coaches/players read this board? It would be nice to have a pre-game thread each week where we can (for what it's worth) send out some encouragement to them. I hate to think they're only getting the Reusse type feedback. Kind of a pregame pep rally thread.

Most players and almost all the coahes never read message boards. And to be honest, I wouldn't either. No player cares about your opinion or my opinion of their skill level. All anyone wants is you to plop down money on Saturday's, not get upset over concessions and keep coming.

... but he also said something like "and then there were 3 or 4 guys that didn't give it their all". He (and the staff) know who they are...the other players know who they are, and I hope those players learn from that.

With all of this silliness about what he said, I have yet to see him criticize a player by name in the press. He's asked a question, and he attempts to answer it in a way that won't insult our intelligence. Obviously, a lot of folks weren't enthralled with Kill's hire, but they were keeping quiet with the great, first impression he made around here. This abysmal start has brought them back out. After they've vented about the games, they nitpick the quotes to keep the criticism going.

He didn't throw anybody under the bus, the lack of depth comments really apply to the o-line. There really isn't much depth there at all, especially at the OT positions, it looks like he is red shirting most of the Freshman so he is planning for the future.

Listened to the entire press conference. You find out who a person is by how he/she reacts to adversity. Jerry Kill is the person I would want to lead me into battle. He has his head on straight and knows exactly what must be done. He deserves the opportunity to see this thing through, whether it takes 2 years or 6 years.

bump. good stuff and definitely worth taking a listen to for those off you on here who like to routinely quote coach kill completely out of context.

......and his wife carries a purse shaped like a football. How cool is that?

Top Bottom