Jerry Kill's Contract

wait!what?

Reaction score
I have read the rumor that Jerry Kill has not signed a contract for coaching at the University of Minnesota. Is there any truth to this?

I am not about to kick the barn down and start again but it would be interesting to see if the contract is incentive laden. So, when the first year is awful the coach is compensated at the minimum and so on until there is a obvious lift.

One of the hold ups is loyalty to Kills assistants. Joel has indicated that even if he doesn't sign the contract he is still here for the x number of years that he agreed to (can't remember the years, thinking 5). Kill takes care of his wife, assistants, and players. He will also turn this program around. Can't believe the immaturity of the trolls and some bandwagon people these days.

One of the hold ups is loyalty to Kills assistants. Joel has indicated that even if he doesn't sign the contract he is still here for the x number of years that he agreed to (can't remember the years, thinking 5). Kill takes care of his wife, assistants, and players. He will also turn this program around. Can't believe the immaturity of the trolls and some bandwagon people these days.

Then you haven't been around here very long...

I haven't seen these trolls you speak of but if they do exist lets kick em out. Let's not mistake critical discussion for being bandwagon or trolling. This team did lose to NMSU and looked completely off the map against Michigan and for there to be some less than positive discussion should not strike people as odd and the people partaking in theses discussions are no less fans.

Perhaps I should have rephrase it differently as to the Trolls etc. Yes they have been around, but they have shifted gears lately. They are encouraging us to make "stupid" knee jerk decisions. Kill will be fine. Thankfully many die hard fans don't go to Gopher Hole and any other board for that matter. They believe in Kill and don't want to "waste" time with the trolls and Knee jerkers.

Kill will be fine.
How is that not knee jerk? You are basing your "Kill will be fine" on what he did as a MAC coach, to be fine in the Legends division of the B1G is going to take a monumental effort. I think Kill will bring the program back to respectability but to sit and pan others who watched the games and didn't like what they saw is ludicrous. Anyone saying Kill should be fire is off their rocker though...

To answer the OP's question, yes it's true, however it's still legally binding. They have an agreement in priciple that the signed letter of intent covers, but then they work out the minutiae (sp?) of details. There are some details that are not legally binding until it's signed, but most of the holdup is language.

In other words, if Maturi cans him today we will be buying out his contract. Plain and simple.

FYI - Mason did not sign his final contract until AFTER he was canned and we obviously had to pay him and his assistants. This is very typical. I think Brewster also hadn't signed his extension. And I'm not sure if Tubby has signed his first contract to this day (I know he hadn't for the first couple years).

Top Bottom