Gophers have one more win than the other football team in town!

popeyoung5

Reaction score
The most positive words a vikings fan will hear in the next 7 months will be.... " With the 3rd pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Russel Wilson, QB, Wisconsin."

3rd pick in the 7th round?

3rd pick in the 7th round?

BS the vikes have a good chance for the overall #1pick.

You want a guarantee of Minnesota football victory?

Vikings vs Gophers......in the Jan 1 Dome Bowl

BS the vikes have a good chance for the overall #1pick.

You want a guarantee of Minnesota football victory?

Vikings vs Gophers......in the Jan 1 Dome Bowl
LOL you actually think the Gophers would win that?
BTW, Russel Wilson is playing pro baseball, that's why NC State didn't want him back this year.
And I would hope to God the Vikings aren't dumb enough to use 2 first round picks in a row on quarterbacks.

He said a Minnesota victory, not a Minnesota Gophers victory.

Yes, taking a QB in the 1st round two years in a row is a good idea. They'll take a LT with their first pick.

If they have the first pick, they would either pick Luck or trade the pick.

If they get the 1st pick there is absolutely no way they can't take Luck. I realize they just drafted Ponder but by most "experts" opinion they reached for him and even though he could turn out to be good, Luck is being compared to John Elway and Peyton Manning as far as prospects coming out of college. In the QB driven league that is the NFL there is absolutely no way you pass on someone like Luck even if you just drafted a QB in the first round last year.

If they get the 1st pick there is absolutely no way they can't take Luck. I realize they just drafted Ponder but by most "experts" opinion they reached for him and even though he could turn out to be good, Luck is being compared to John Elway and Peyton Manning as far as prospects coming out of college. In the QB driven league that is the NFL there is absolutely no way you pass on someone like Luck even if you just drafted a QB in the first round last year.

Not necessarily. If Ponder is really good(no way of telling yet) they could always trade the rights to Luck. With the new rookie salary cap for nfl, Luck could bring a ton of draft picks. Maybe even as many as Herschel Walker.

BTW I thought they should have taken Dalton ahead of Ponder.

Not necessarily. If Ponder is really good(no way of telling yet) they could always trade the rights to Luck. With the new rookie salary cap for nfl, Luck could bring a ton of draft picks. Maybe even as many as Herschel Walker.

true they could get a lot of picks for him but at the same time I think it would be smarter to draft Luck, then trade Ponder for whatever picks you could get for them. But even if you could get a ton of picks for Luck, in this NFL, I just don't think its worth as much as it was during the Herschel Walker era. You can be very successful in this NFL with just a QB, (Colts, Patriots, Packers) hell the Packers won a Super Bowl last year with a terrible offense line and no real running game or running back, all because they had a great QB.

In my opinion, I think we should start Ponder now, to find out what he has because if we don't we could be sitting at the top of the draft wondering if we should go with the QB we reached for last year or the greatest QB prospect since Elway.

true they could get a lot of picks for him but at the same time I think it would be smarter to draft Luck, then trade Ponder for whatever picks you could get for them. But even if you could get a ton of picks for Luck, in this NFL, I just don't think its worth as much as it was during the Herschel Walker era. You can be very successful in this NFL with just a QB, (Colts, Patriots, Packers) hell the Packers won a Super Bowl last year with a terrible offense line and no real running game or running back, all because they had a great QB.

In my opinion, I think we should start Ponder now, to find out what he has because if we don't we could be sitting at the top of the draft wondering if we should go with the QB we reached for last year or the greatest QB prospect since Elway.

Either way, it would be nice to have those options.

The Gophs are in the same predicament as the Vikes; do you pretend to sell the message that you are still in it, or admit you are building for the future.

Either way, it would be nice to have those options.

The Gophs are in the same predicament as the Vikes; do you pretend to sell the message that you are still in it, or admit you are building for the future.
the Vikings have like a .0001% chance of making the playoffs at this point probably even less considering 2 of the 4 teams in division are undefeated. So even though they probably won't give up on the season they really should realize it.

But the main difference between the Vikings and Gophers is that the Gophers seem to be getting just out classed throughout the games and just don't look good. Whereas the Vikings have actually been winning in all of their games and in 2 of the cases just dominated (Det and Tampa 1st halves) but for some reason they just can't close/finish/stall the clock, whatever it is.

This thread is full of fail.

1. Nothing in this thread has anything to do with the Gophers and it has no place on this forum.

2. Love random dooshbags taking needless potshots at the Vikings.

3. There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and the first pick of the 2012 Draft being Andrew Luck. It is 100% going to happen, period, regardless of who owns the pick, even if it is the Colts, which it might be. Literally any other decision at the top of the draft would be the biggest mistake ever made in the history of professional sports.

4. The fact that the Lions and Packers are both undefeated is utterly irrelevant to whether the Vikings will make the playoffs. What is relevant is the distance between them and the current 6th place team in the NFC. I don't know precisely what their playoff odds are, but they are much better than .0001%.

If Ponder is very good, the Vikings probably won't have the first choice.

This thread is full of fail.

1. Nothing in this thread has anything to do with the Gophers and it has no place on this forum.

2. Love random dooshbags taking needless potshots at the Vikings.

3. There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and the first pick of the 2012 Draft being Andrew Luck. It is 100% going to happen, period, regardless of who owns the pick, even if it is the Colts, which it might be. Literally any other decision at the top of the draft would be the biggest mistake ever made in the history of professional sports.

4. The fact that the Lions and Packers are both undefeated is utterly irrelevant to whether the Vikings will make the playoffs. What is relevant is the distance between them and the current 6th place team in the NFC. I don't know precisely what their playoff odds are, but they are much better than .0001%.
You are correct, it is higher than that, its actually about a 9.5% chance (based on Football Outsiders model) before this week when they lost to the team with the worst chance the Chiefs. So I'm assuming that it will only go down after this weekend but the point being the chances of making the playoffs is basically none. So might as well try the new guy and see what he can do, that way you have a little bit of an idea on whether to draft Luck or trade the pick, if the possibility arises.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

Top Bottom