First MI, now Wisconsin and NE

TCF=UnitedWeStand

Reaction score
The difference in speed, size, and strength between these teams and the gophers is frightening. I get the speed piece (that's why these guys were highly recruited in the first place), but I have a hard time understanding how much bigger and stronger these guys are. I suppose it's the same deal - that's why they were recruited by WI, MI, and NE in the first place; I just would think after a couple of years we would see some development.

Shame on Mark Hill and Co.

Remember the 'brew' didn't think there was enough competition in the Big 10...so he wanted to upgrade the non-conference portion of the schedule by adding Texas, North Carolina, Southern Cal, etc.:eek:

At least losing to teams like USC, North Carolina, and Texas would not be as bad as losing to New Mexico State and NDSU.

The USC experiment came out pretty well, which says a lot about Lane Kiffin.

I would love nothing more than in 2 weeks find out the reason Russell Wilson chose Wisconsin over Auburn was because they outbidded the Tigers.

It's "Outbid". Amazing how the Badgers have built a solid program with run the ball, stop the run, and dominate both lines and the Gopher fans want to wet dream about infractions. The Gophers live in the land of "big uglies" and they have none. Both lines are a pushover. That's where it starts and it will take a few years to get that going. The defense is a joke. The best shot at another win this year is next week.

I would love nothing more than in 2 weeks find out the reason Russell Wilson chose Wisconsin over Auburn was because they outbidded the Tigers.

I was pondering this very notion earlier today...... Wisconsin is not known for QBs, they don't develop QBs and without Wilson, wouldn't be half as good on Offense as they are now. When you're one dimensional, teams catch up with you. When a kid coming from NC State has a chance at Auburn to take over what Cam Newton left, and choses.. Wisconsin? yeah... right. Auburn was watched too closely to ante-up, Wisconsin won the bidding war by default.

I was pondering this very notion earlier today...... Wisconsin is not known for QBs, they don't develop QBs and without Wilson, wouldn't be half as good on Offense as they are now. When you're one dimensional, teams catch up with you. When a kid coming from NC State has a chance at Auburn to take over what Cam Newton left, and choses.. Wisconsin? yeah... right. Auburn was watched too closely to ante-up, Wisconsin won the bidding war by default.

I'm sorry, I realize you don't like Wisconsin and that it must be painful for you to watch your own program slide so far especially in comparison to Wisconsin's, but this is just plain classless. It's garbage like this, not the fact that your team hasn't performed the way you want it to, that drags the reputation of gopher fans down.

You know my friend, can still be respectful even when your team isn't doing the best. Ask Nebraska fans. They get it.

Russell Wilson came to Wisconsin because they have a great program built on the same values that he lives his life by. Hard work, selflessness, teamwork and the desire to win championships. And to run the football.

If I'm a true Gopher fan, I find your post embarrassing.

I'm sorry, I realize you don't like Wisconsin and that it must be painful for you to watch your own program slide so far especially in comparison to Wisconsin's, but this is just plain classless. It's garbage like this, not the fact that your team hasn't performed the way you want it to, that drags the reputation of gopher fans down.

You know my friend, can still be respectful even when your team isn't doing the best. Ask Nebraska fans. They get it.

Russell Wilson came to Wisconsin because they have a great program built on the same values that he lives his life by. Hard work, selflessness, teamwork and the desire to win championships. And to run the football.

If I'm a true Gopher fan, I find your post embarrassing.

Don't come on this board and lecture Minnesota fans the day after a huge loss. If you want to throw your wisdom around offer your coach a lesson on humility. You appear to have been inspired by his arrogance.

The difference in speed, size, and strength between these teams and the gophers is frightening. I get the speed piece (that's why these guys were highly recruited in the first place), but I have a hard time understanding how much bigger and stronger these guys are. I suppose it's the same deal - that's why they were recruited by WI, MI, and NE in the first place; I just would think after a couple of years we would see some development.

Shame on Mark Hill and Co.

I've never thought that WI had much on us for more talent until last year's class. Starting last year and going forward, WI has begun to get recruits which we could not. WI has had stability in coaches, philosophy, system, etc which propelled them ahead. WI wanted Keanon Cooper, Brandon Green, Sam Maresh, Gjere, Hageman, Lamonte Edwards, Royston (originally), Pirsig, etc, and certainly the Olson brothers if not locked-in legacies to MN. We have way more talent than NMSU, NDSU, etc. I hear about our lack of talent and it's frustrating. Are we really thin in some areas, do we lack depth, do we need some upgrades at some positions? - absolutely, but this is not a bad FCS or I-AA squad talent-wise as most of the country seems to believe right now.

MorningCalmBadger;441182It's garbage like this said:
To take one statement on a message board and act as though that person is representative of or can bring down the reputation of an entire fanbase is absurd. You can find classless and idiotic things being said on any message board at anytime. I reckon I could head over to Buckyville (although I never have and never will) and find someone saying something classless as well.

It's "Outbid". Amazing how the Badgers have built a solid program with run the ball, stop the run, and dominate both lines and the Gopher fans want to wet dream about infractions. The Gophers live in the land of "big uglies" and they have none. Both lines are a pushover. That's where it starts and it will take a few years to get that going. The defense is a joke. The best shot at another win this year is next week.

Actually it would be "outbid".

Congratulations to the badgers on having an incredible football program going onright now. Things are cyclical in nature and as for as fortunes have turned, the Gophers and Badgers have close to the same number of wins and losses in this long standing rivalry.

The thing I will NEVER forgive the badgers for though was their brilliant stroke of genius that planted the "badger joel macturi..." sleeper cell as the athletic director here at the U of M. He was brainwashed and instructed by none other than Pat Richter. In a move still not understood, eventually, he was named athletics director here at Minnesota. He has been here for 10 seasons. The plight of our Men's revenue programs here at Minnesota has been taken to their collective knees (Men's Hockey...Men's Hoops and Football) under the totally inadequate and incompetent direction of badger joel macturi.

When he retires from this position OR is finally fired, he will most likely return in triumph to madison, wisky when he will be offered mass quantities of virgin six packs, brats and cheese curds at any Kwik Trip in wisky.

badger joel macturi has done MORE to destory the revenue sports at the University of Minnesota than ANY individual, living or dead other than clem haskins, bill musselman or lou "...the hoax... holtz.

Once again, congratulations on your school's on the field/ice men's revenue sports program's success stories. They are REMARKABLE! But, the underhanded way that Pat Richter trained badger joel macturi, and the fact that the administration at the University of Minnesota has been SO incompetent and bumbling in nature has taken our own Men's Revenue Sports Progras right into the crapper...

The ONLY beef I have with U wisky madison is that badger joel macturi disaster...and...the biggest part of that can ony be blamed on the administrators right here at the University of Minnesota.

But...make no mistake. Some day, the balance of order will return. Eventually badger joel macturi WILL the thrown under the bus...ditched and he will return to live his life in madison, wisky and he will collect all those Kwik Trip brats, virgin six packs and unopened bags of cheese curds!

; 0 )

Grammar aside, Wilson and the Badgers are going to walk all over our defense. It could be epic ugly.

Grammar aside, Wilson and the Badgers are going to walk all over our defense. It could be epic ugly.

I have to believe your defense will get better by the time the teams meet. That first year, under a new coaching staff, is always a tough adjustment at first.

It was tough for the Gophers yesterday, but I think from here on out, you'll start to see some steady improvement as the coaches and their techniques/schemes/philosophies start to sink in with the players.

I have to believe your defense will get better by the time the teams meet. That first year, under a new coaching staff, is always a tough adjustment at first.

It was tough for the Gophers yesterday, but I think from here on out, you'll start to see some steady improvement as the coaches and their techniques/schemes/philosophies start to sink in with the players.

Maybe. Yesterday was the lowest of the low (potentially). They couldn't get up and show life against a rivalry. Maybe the Jug is meaningless to them after all? Wisconsin is too well-coached. Rarely do they lay an egg, especially to a completely inferior opponent.

Top Bottom