Since nobody has done it yet, "Official Start 3rd string QB next week" Thread

NoDakGopher

Reaction score
Since nobody has done it yet, "Official Start 3rd string QB next week" Thread

Now that all you Shortell lovers saw him lead us to a solid goose egg, its obviously a no doubter that we just keep moving on down the line until we win a game :D Gray is the better choice whether you like it or not. Shortell just isn't ready yet

When you don't have an oline, it helps to have a QB who can move.

Even if Shortell is the answer (I dont think he is), don't ruin him by getting him happy feet. Taking too many hits ruined weber as much as coordinator changes. Shortell already started having bad feet in the second half today.

Now that all you Shortell lovers saw him lead us to a solid goose egg, its obviously a no doubter that we just keep moving on down the line until we win a game :D Gray is the better choice whether you like it or not. Shortell just isn't ready yet

You watched the game and came away thinking it was Shortell's fault? I guess this would be the one positive for you huh?

When you don't have an oline, it helps to have a QB who can move.

Even if Shortell is the answer (I dont think he is), don't ruin him by getting him happy feet. Taking too many hits ruined weber as much as coordinator changes. Shortell already started having bad feet in the second half today.

Exactly, as of this year Gray is a far better choice. Maybe next year is a different story but with our terrible line you need Gray's ability to run

You watched the game and came away thinking it was Shortell's fault? I guess this would be the one positive for you huh?

Not what i'm saying at all. I'm just saying he showed he wasn't any better than Gray like everyone was saying. Gray is the better choice right now and today proved it. If you can't even lead an offense to a field goal that's not very good

And they must really not like......

Parrish or Alipate....cause if there was ever a game everyone should have a shot in....this is it.

I think if it had been 58-3 we would have seen parish, but kill really was trying to not get shutout.

no kidding, how do you feel if you're one of those two? To know that you didn't get a shot in a game like this they obviously know that they will never play unless injuries lead to it

Moses! Moses!!

I don't think it matters who the QB is...that O-Line is atrocious...

We should put Alipate at qb this year because he's big enough to take the hits, don't you think?

I think that they should continue to do the two qb rotation. Keep giving Max opportunities, but by rotating him in and out you do not put him in death's cross-hairs every snap. With this o line no qb has a prayer of being any good. However, we should continue giving Max snaps in game to help build his experience and hopefully confidence. I do think with a good o line Max could be a very good qb....better than Gray. But, in light of the o line, the coaching staff should reduce his risk of injury by switching the qbs. Ultimately, it does not matter who starts this year, we are not winning.

Not what i'm saying at all. I'm just saying he showed he wasn't any better than Gray like everyone was saying. Gray is the better choice right now and today proved it. If you can't even lead an offense to a field goal that's not very good

I never wanted Shortell to start this game but he didn't have much choice since Gray's toe is hurt. I agree when Gray gets healthy again we should go back to the other system where Gray plays if we're winning & Shortell comes in to bail him out when we need to play catch-up.

That said, this loss is not on Shortell. I didn't think he was that bad. The O sure didn't help him any today. The line was letting guys in left & right. McKnight drops another 1st down pass, Jones drops another 1st down pass, Green fumbles his nice reception away, Cobb fumbles on the 20. Not much Shortell can do to prevent those things. The announcers said as much too late in the game that he hadn't really played bad.

I didn't say that as an insult to Adam Weber. Ive been a Weber supporter for his whole time here. I said lol jk cuz obviously that cant happen. I also happen to be a Gray guy and would like him finish the season the starter no matter what. I think he is the superior QB.

No one can play qb behind that o line. They had a VERY bad game!

It's sad how far backwards we have gone in our line play here!

Alipate could because he is bigger than the D-Line! Lol.

ANYBODY can play QB with this Offense. What's so tough about handing-off for one yard, throwing an incomplete in the flat and then getting sacked on 3rd and long?

ANYBODY can play QB with this Offense. What's so tough about handing-off for one yard, throwing an incomplete in the flat and then getting sacked on 3rd and long?

Wait! Are we talking about the gophers here or vikings??? Maybe Coach Frazier and Coach Kill are working together?

Top Bottom