Kill already owns 3 of the most embarrassing losses in program history

Who cares?There have been many bad losses.For me the Texas Tech Bowl loss was as bad as it gets.To judge or predict the future of Kill's tenure is premature.

Art, maybe its time you cheer for a new team, it is obvious you will never cheer for this one

Code:
in only 5 games at the helm. :eek:

Don't forget the Wacker years. They were just as bad as this. WEll actually we could score then, but had this defense. So maybe it wasn't this bad. Memory gets fuzzy over time.

Worse losses than today:

1. Michigan 2003
2. Iowa 55-0
3. Punter-gate vs. Wisconsin
4. Insight Bowl vs. TT
5. All of the 1-AA debacles.

I've supported Kill from the beginning (go back and check my posts) but this is an absolute joke.

There is a difference between losing and whatever-you-want-to-call-the-start-to-this-season.

If I were Kaler, I'd fire Maturi today. I also would not be patient this offseason if Kill can't show some substance here. Honestly, his "blue collar work-aholic" stuff is starting to sound like as much of a schtick as Brew's dream big nonsense.

I'm not even angry anymore, just embarrassed.

Apparently before pouring a concrete foundation you have to dig a deep, deep, deep hole.

Apparently before pouring a concrete foundation you have to dig a deep, deep, deep hole.
The technology doesn't exist to dig a deep enough hole for a solid foundation to be competitive in the B10.

We have an 18 yr old and an another unproven playing QB, and how many junior and senior lineman do you see starting? Not to mention the worst defense in the nation returning. The only proven B10 caliber players on the field are McKnight, who has regressed, Tinsley, and Stoudemire.

Look at how many freshman are on the field. What did you expect? I did think we would beat New Mexico State and NDSU, but in hindsight we are worse than I thought. Furthermore, how many coordinators have our redshirt seniors gone through? 5 in 5 years on offense, 4 in 5 on defense? I don't know the exact numbers but suspect they are in that range.

Worse losses than today:

1. Michigan 2003
2. Iowa 55-0
3. Punter-gate vs. Wisconsin
4. Insight Bowl vs. TT
5. All of the 1-AA debacles.

Some of those losses are heart breaking but not embarrassing. I recall only 3 I-AA debacles (NDSU, SD, and NDSU) and Kill has one of them

I can't even watch gopher football anymore. Flat out horrific football. UMD would smoke the gophers literally. They are probably not even a top 5 team in the state.

I am not sure if Kill will ever turn it around.

We have an 18 yr old and an another unproven playing QB, and how many junior and senior lineman do you see starting? Not to mention the worst defense in the nation returning. The only proven B10 caliber players on the field are McKnight, who has regressed, Tinsley, and Stoudemire.

Look at how many freshman are on the field. What did you expect? I did think we would beat New Mexico State and NDSU, but in hindsight we are worse than I thought. Furthermore, how many coordinators have our redshirt seniors gone through? 5 in 5
years on offense, 4 in 5 on defense? I don't know the exact numbers but suspect they are in that range.

Shortell turned 19 back in August. A little fact checking would be nice. The TV crew on BTN failed to do so as well.....

Kirk Ferentz lost 49-3 at Michigan State to fall to 1-3 in his first season on the way to 1-10.

Kirk Ferentz lost 49-3 at Michigan State to fall to 1-3 in his first season on the way to 1-10.

Did he also get manhandled by a I-AA at home the week before and lose to another terrible team at home as a 23 point favorite?

Look at how many freshman are on the field. What did you expect? I did think we would beat New Mexico State and NDSU, but in hindsight we are worse than I thought. Furthermore, how many coordinators have our redshirt seniors gone through? 5 in 5 years on offense, 4 in 5 on defense? I don't know the exact numbers but suspect they are in that range.

Don't confuse anyone with logic...just gets in the way.

Heartbreaking & Embarrassing are 2 different things... the only embarrassing loss I would say Kill has is NMSU because at least NDSU is considered a good team & is ranked in FCS. This Michigan game is sad yes but I wouldn't consider it embarrassing because nobody considers us a good team...*NOBODY*... embarrassing is being ranked & getting your ass handed to you ala Michigan State 2004...

You mean 1-11. C'mon folks, let's get our facts straight before posting. 2nd time in this thread....

Shortell turned 19 back in August. A little fact checking would be nice. The TV crew on BTN failed to do so as well.....

Really? A little arbitrary on our milestones aren’t we.

"I would have agreed, but...he turned 19."

You just discounted everything you have written in this thread.

Brewster went 1-10 his first season.

I think you kinda missed the point he was trying to make. Being terrible and getting blown out in year 1 doesn't guarantee the coaching staff will be unsuccessful.

I think you kinda missed the point he was trying to make. Being terrible and getting blown out in year 1 doesn't guarantee the coaching staff will be unsuccessful.

And my counterpoint: why does it mean they should be optimistic about the future?

Get a grip people. Yes, Kill has had a horrendous start to his tenure at the U, but give it a couple of seasons. Those of you clamoring for a "proven D-1 winner" are smoking something. NO ONE with a proven track record and choice of schools is gonna want this job and I don't care how much $ you throw out there.

Kill appears to be in over his head even more so then Wacker

Give the guy this much credit, Kill, at least he wanted to try and turn around this turd. MINNESOTA is the biggest TURD in all of college football.
Players have already quit on him and are not even trying. Takes a lot of dislike for players to quit on a coach. These players
have QUIT on this entire coaching staff. This rah rah BS about disciplinarian stuff will only carry you so far.

There is no reason for optimism for 2-3 years unless a lot of people leave the program and we suddenly
recruit JUCO super stars from hell which will not happen. We are set up for years of losing games, there is no getting past that fact.
There is no effort, the team quit when it got to 14-0, they flat out quit today. The mental aspect is already shot and I don't think these coaches
can get them back no matter what they try.
I was one of the people that thought coach Kill could help
turn things around because NIU was a pit and he turned them around. Some times you cannot turn around a bad program no matter how hard
and how much effort a coach puts into it. MINNESOTA is the worst program in division one football and it is not even close.
It is going to take a lot to recover from this season, a lot of change.

Give the guy this much credit, Kill, at least he wanted to try and turn around this turd. MINNESOTA is the biggest TURD in all of college football.
Players have already quit on him and are not even trying. Takes a lot of dislike for players to quit on a coach. These players
have QUIT on this entire coaching staff. This rah rah BS about disciplinarian stuff will only carry you so far.

There is no reason for optimism for 2-3 years unless a lot of people leave the program and we suddenly
recruit JUCO super stars from hell which will not happen. We are set up for years of losing games, there is no getting past that fact.
There is no effort, the team quit when it got to 14-0, they flat out quit today. The mental aspect is already shot and I don't think these coaches
can get them back no matter what they try.
I was one of the people that thought coach Kill could help
turn things around because NIU was a pit and he turned them around. Some times you cannot turn around a bad program no matter how hard
and how much effort a coach puts into it. MINNESOTA is the worst program in division one football and it is not even close.
It is going to take a lot to recover from this season, a lot of change.

They have not quit on him...they just got slapped in the face with reality today and they were overwhelmed.

Top Bottom