hope gray is being completely honest with coaches about extent of his injury

supadupafly

Reaction score
hope he is being completely honest with the coaches and U of M training staff and not letting any potential personal pride get in the way of whether he is truly healthy enough to be starting tomorrow. i.e. is he potentially concerned about shortell starting in place of him on saturday and then never getting back under center as the starter, if shortell has a great game?

now, i am not making accusations about gray, so don't go there. just asking a fair question and sharing a personal thought on the subject. if he is truly healthy and starts on saturday, then certainly the best of luck to him and OUR golden gophers.

guessing it would be difficult to hide/mask a foot/toe injury and the extent of it just so you can play, so who knows. again, just a hypothetical question....not an accusation against gray.

hope he is being completely honest with the coaches and U of M training staff and not letting any potential personal pride get in the way of whether he is truly healthy enough to be starting tomorrow. i.e. is he potentially concerned about shortell starting in place of him on saturday and then never getting back under center as the starter, if shortell has a great game?

now, i am not making accusations about gray, so don't go there. just asking a fair question and sharing a personal thought on the subject. if he is truly healthy and starts on saturday, then certainly the best of luck to him and OUR golden gophers.

guessing it would be difficult to hide/mask a foot/toe injury and the extent of it just so you can play, so who knows. again, just a hypothetical question....not an accusation against gray.

Downplaying the extent of an illness or injury? Wherever would a player get such an idea from?!?! ;)

However, my reaction was the exact opposite. i.e., could this be an 'excuse' used by the team to soften the blow of public perception (injury exists, but is minimal.. but let's throw it out to the public so it can be a 'reason' for our change in personnel)? Now instead of Minnesota changing course & starting a different QB in their first conference game of the year because things aren't working out with the initial number one on the depth charge, there is a change being made due to an injury. The relegated QB doesn't look 'as bad' and the coaching staff doesn't look 'as bad'.

Downplaying the extent of an illness or injury? Wherever would a player get such an idea from?!?! ;)

However, my reaction was the exact opposite. i.e., could this be an 'excuse' used by the team to soften the blow of public perception (injury exists, but is minimal.. but let's throw it out to the public so it can be a 'reason' for our change in personnel)? Now instead of Minnesota changing course & starting a different QB in their first conference game of the year because things aren't working out with the initial number one on the depth charge, there is a change being made due to an injury. The relegated QB doesn't look 'as bad' and the coaching staff doesn't look 'as bad'.

Geez, you really don't like this coaching staff.

IMO. He may have injured his toe and actually be hurt, but this works well forcing Michigan to still prepare fully for both QB's.

Honest question...what happens in Shortell pulls off the upset at Michigan? Do you hand the reigns back over to Q the following week?

So, what if Gray doesn't try to play through his injured toe, and Shortell...

has a rough time of it or gets injured and the back-up to the back-up sees his first action and pulls out a win or at least looks much better than either Gray or Shortell? How long do you let Shortell stay out there is he is struggling? This just may give Parish the opportunity he has been waiting for...IF Parish is the back-up to the back-up currently. We might really see a star finally being given his chance...

Personally, I root for ALL of our qb's and wish each and every one of them the very best.

And, I would certainly hope that any...and every qb on the Gopher squad would tell the coach that he is ok and then get out there and at least try to play through any pain, injury or nagging little ailment.

How many qb's will make the trip to Ann Arbor? You just never know who may emerge on top here.

We do need our quarterbacks to be so darn tough that they NEVER tell the coach that they have nagging injuries and they need to want so much to compete and make the team their own that will do what ever it takes to stay on the field leading their team. They need to be so physically and mentally tough that they MAKE the coach make the call and they need to not show the coach any sign of any nagging injuries. IF a qb is taken out of a game for a minor injury...that qb may never get back on the field in the qb position.

So, be tough as nails quarterbacks. The job you save by staying on the field and working through a nagging injury just may be your own...

; 0 )

has a rough time of it or gets injured and the back-up to the back-up sees his first action and pulls out a win or at least looks much better than either Gray or Shortell? How long do you let Shortell stay out there is he is struggling? This just may give Parish the opportunity he has been waiting for...IF Parish is the back-up to the back-up currently. We might really see a star finally being given his chance...

Personally, I root for ALL of our qb's and wish each and every one of them the very best.

And, I would certainly hope that any...and every qb on the Gopher squad would tell the coach that he is ok and then get out there and at least try to play through any pain, injury or nagging little ailment.

How many qb's will make the trip to Ann Arbor? You just never know who may emerge on top here.

; 0 )
What if Alipate just goes out there and starts throwing the ball 80 yards down the field to McKnight and every time a DT tries to sack him, the DT just bounces off cause Alipate is bigger?! (I agree with you btw wren)

They all just wait for their moment...their chance to get out on the field, lead their team and NEVER come out of a game. Because each time they are taken out of a game, there is a chance that their coach just might not ever put them back at their place out on that field leading their team.

For a qb, you NEVER want to come out of the game, give up your spot, for an injury...or any other reason...when you get your chance you want to make it last forever.

Good luck to all our Gopher QB's. Some will get their chance...some never will.

Top Bottom