Nice to see an inside game

MNSnowman

An old timer
Reaction score
It was fun to watch both Iverson and Sampson work the inside game. And I also appreciated watching JAS, Busch and Hoffarber driving to the basket and/or moving to the basket without the ball for the pass.

After the past several years of what seemed like jump shot after jump shot and (IMO) an over-reliance on perimeter shooting, this was great fun to watch.

Hoffarber's really expanded his game to include more cuts to the basket. And JAS seems to have a new-found ability to finish when he drives in -- he seems much more comfortable and less prone to flounder as compared to last year. Really nice to see.

It was fun to watch both Iverson and Sampson work the inside game. And I also appreciated watching JAS, Busch and Hoffarber driving to the basket and/or moving to the basket without the ball for the pass.

After the past several years of what seemed like jump shot after jump shot and (IMO) an over-reliance on perimeter shooting, this was great fun to watch.

Hoffarber's really expanded his game to include more cuts to the basket. And JAS seems to have a new-found ability to finish when he drives in -- he seems much more comfortable and less prone to flounder as compared to last year. Really nice to see.

I agree-though I wonder how much of that has to do with the defense or lack thereof.

It was also nice just to see a game on TV.

I wonder how much of that has to do with the defense or lack thereof.
On the post-game interview on WCCO, Zierden said he'd attended a recent practice and noticed that Tubby had instructed the players that they would pass the ball to the post players. Zierden gave me the impression that this was a non-negotiable command directive and Tubby didn't say anything to dispel that characterization :)

It's a step in the right direction, IMO. While Spencer was a nice guy by all accounts and stuck through the lean years with no complaints, both Iverson and Sampson have better ball handling and better shooting skills. And they will get better with more experience and time!

I agree Snowman

And I heard the interview as well.
I'm impressed with how comfortable Iverson is looking and game by game improvement is welcome regardless of the reality of more challenging competition on the horizon.

Top Bottom