observations on team progress

melbo

Reaction score
After watching the game last night I have a few obsevations and would like to hear from others on what they think. First, it appears that no one player feels comfortable in taking a leadership role on this team. Secondly, not near enough communicating between players to help on defence,and third, making an extra pass on offence in order to get a better shot is good but an extra extra pass just results in no good shot or turning the ball over. These are the things that are keeping us from being where we hoped to be at this time.That said I still believe are ready for a breakthrough team game. GO GOPHERS!

Right now- from what I can see, we are the only team in the Big Ten that appears to be playing worse than earlier in the year. With the youth of this team and the veteran coach I would have expected a slower start and a stronger finish. Go figure. I hope you are right about a breakthrough game. We need to win three of four or we will be a NIT contestant.

After watching the game last night I have a few obsevations and would like to hear from others on what they think. First, it appears that no one player feels comfortable in taking a leadership role on this team. Secondly, not near enough communicating between players to help on defence,and third, making an extra pass on offence in order to get a better shot is good but an extra extra pass just results in no good shot or turning the ball over. These are the things that are keeping us from being where we hoped to be at this time.That said I still believe are ready for a breakthrough team game. GO GOPHERS!

There has been zero progress unfortunately.

I'll wait to see how this team does at home. It is tough to win on the road in the Big Ten outside Iowa and IU. Exclude those games there have been 18 road wins and MSU and PU have 8 of them. MSU (5), PU (3) PSU, WI, and ILL (2), MN, MI, NW, and OSU (1). PU and MSU are the cream of this conference. WI is an interesting team down the stretch. MN has to go 4-0 to make top 5 in the conference and I don't see it happening.

Two teams in a row have gotten healthy against us. Talor Battle at Penn St. and now Michigan. Regardless of missed assignments last night I'm not completely sure of what you can do other than get just as hot from the three point as Mich did against us last night.

It's our turn now against Northwestern. When it happens there will be threads of " where was this in the last six games ?!? "

It'll happen. Believe it or not we're right on course to where Kenpom predicted us at the beginning of conference play. Losing almost all our road games and winning most at home. A 22 -8 record.

I was yelling at my dogs last night .. lol. Frustrated. Tough to watch. Lots of questions.

Let's stay on board and be positive.

Top Bottom