How will Minnesota stop Denard?

NoDakGopher

Reaction score
It's obviously no secret now that Denard Robinson is one of the most talented, if not the most talented, quarterback in the B1G. What can Minnesota do to slow him down? I don't believe he's that great of a passer, better than what we have but not on the level of someone like Russell Wilson. Do you think Michigans defense could be susceptible enough for us to exploit and possibly find ourselves in a shootout? And to top it off, how many yards do you think Robinson will run for?

It's obviously no secret now that Denard Robinson is one of the most talented, if not the most talented, quarterback in the B1G. What can Minnesota do to slow him down? I don't believe he's that great of a passer, better than what we have but not on the level of someone like Russell Wilson. Do you think Michigans defense could be susceptible enough for us to exploit and possibly find ourselves in a shootout? And to top it off, how many yards do you think Robinson will run for?

They will not slow him down...it's going to be ugly.

Just like NDSU did, they will put 8-9 in the box and dare him to throw.

we need to do the same to try and stop robinson. his completion percentage is around 48%. that's the only chance we have to slow him down.

Unfortunately, these were my thoughts as well. If we put 8 or 9 in the box I think we have a shot though

Yeah it's been pretty tough watching the Gophers the last 5 or 6 years . It's tough to stomach it right now...I feel like as gopher fans, you can relate really well to the "catching hell" documentary on ESPN right now. Cursed.

Yeah it's been pretty tough watching the Gophers the last 5 or 6 years . It's tough to stomach it right now...I feel like as gopher fans, you can relate really well to the "catching hell" documentary on ESPN right now. Cursed.

Good comparison I'm watching it too. I bet we don't get our own documentary though, haha.

I'd say pitch him high and tight or high and away. Span is only hitting .091 high inside and .143 high and outside according to his "hot zone".

By having 15 guys on defense for every play...

Here is where our lack of a pass rush will help. We will create zero push up the field, thus not opening up huge running lanes for him. He will still try to wiggle through and take off but will have trouble maneuvering though the mass of humanity that resulted from our D-line going nowhere and he will be tackled by the LB's for short gains. No more than 90 yds. on the day.

One way is to knock him out of the game. Knock him on his arse. That would be a game changer.

Wait for him to stop running (because he's in the end zone) and then take him out at the knees.

Here is where our lack of a pass rush will help. We will create zero push up the field, thus not opening up huge running lanes for him. He will still try to wiggle through and take off but will have trouble maneuvering though the mass of humanity that resulted from our D-line going nowhere and he will be tackled by the LB's for short gains. No more than 90 yds. on the day.

Brilliant !! :)

You should be a D-coordinator!

How will Minnesota stop Denard?

By waiting until the end of the 4th quarter.

Hoke will work on a few things vs. the Gophers. He pretty much knows they're going to win big, so he's really going to emphasize establishing a running game not named Denard. Look for Big Blue to give their running backs a lot of work. They won't need to throw much.

Load up the box, hope for the best and give the DB's the good luck signal. Use Cooper as a spy as he is one of our fastest players.

Problem is our D-ends almost always get pushed into the middle of the field and lose contain.

Sneak in under cover of darkness and dig a trench across the field at the 50 yard line, build some earthworks and let the defensive backfield man them.

Hoke will work on a few things vs. the Gophers. He pretty much knows they're going to win big, so he's really going to emphasize establishing a running game not named Denard. Look for Big Blue to give their running backs a lot of work. They won't need to throw much.

The gophers will not get blown out!!! I dont know if we will win but the game will be close in the 4th Q.

Minnesota can stop Denard by bribing the Michigan team bus driver. If the whole Michigan team is in Ohio before they realize and can't make it back before kickoff, I bet Denard doesn't get many yards.

I figure we just need everyone on GH to contribute about $5 and that should do it. :cool:

by hitting Denard hard with those beautiful big f**king Ms on our helmets until Denard is beaten into submission

time for our guys to believe.

dreamin' big in SF today

Wasn't Curran Delaney (DT) a sniper in the marines?

Top Bottom