Yet another example of...

RailBaronYarr

Reaction score
Sorry for OT..

Was down in Iowa City this past weekend (fiance's bridal shower, parents are Hawkeye fans who just moved back to IC from VA to rekindle their romantic law school days) and ended up going to the Iowa Louisiana Monroe game with her brother and uncle. Wore my MN stuff and got a lot of funny looks, a few good hearted jabs, and come comments but nothing bad.

Anyway, my point. I had no less than 4 people say to me how they can't believe UMN built an outdoor stadium because it's so cold up here. I continue to be so caught off guard by this that I never know what to say (not sure why I'm caught off guard still...)

SO frustrating that the perception of MN, even from Iowa natives who have traveled to MN, is still that it's a frozen tundra.

Madison, Ann Arbor, and Iowa City are no more than 9 degrees colder (daily high) than Minneapolis on November 27, last year's Iowa game date. Madison is only 5. Do people really think it's really perceptibly colder in MN than Iowa, Madison, etc? Again I ask.. would you dress differently for 34 (or even 27) degree weather vs. 43? I just don't understand.....

International Falls
Tower
Embarass

and those damn die-hard commercials....(Sears, for you younger folks)

Perception is stronger than reality, the Vikings video's from the 70's probably have a bit of an influence on this perspective. Games in November are different than games in January, but people from other parts of the country don't comprehend that.

Top Bottom