To the Kill bashers/ One positive

Triple D

Reaction score
Two of the most noticibly talented players this year have been Shortell and Moulton, who were both brought in by Kill.....let's give him a little more time to find areas that the team needs upgading and bring in some more players before we run him out of town.

Shortell was brought in by Brewster, but there are others that might serve your point, such as Cobb and Amafuela (sp).

Shortell is a Brewster recruit.

The Kill bashers are idiots.

The good thing about Moulton is that he's only a sophomore.

Don't forget about Marucs Jones. I like what I've seen from him.

Two of the most noticibly talented players this year have been Shortell and Moulton, who were both brought in by Kill.....let's give him a little more time to find areas that the team needs upgading and bring in some more players before we run him out of town.
Both receivers he brought in (Jones is the other?) have looked pretty good. I certainly am not in favor of canning Kill because he can't win with Brewster's kids. I am concerned they look so awful, but maybe these kids are that awful and that cannot be blamed on Kill. He certainly gets time to bring in talent and turn this nose dive around.

My bad on Shortell, I just assumed since he is a Freshman and from Kansas that he was a Kill find.

Thanks for not ripping on me.

The future on offense looks very bright right now. We have some talented young players in Shortell, Moulton, Jones, Kirkwood, and the OL. Of course this is mostly potential at this moment, but hopefully the experience they're getting this year will help them continue to get better. The defensive side isn't looking so bright right now, but things can change.

It's hard to recruit to a school that doesn't win a lot, but 12/19 are 3-stars, that's not bad.

EDIT:
Rivals does not have Barrington Morris ranked and just based on his offers he'd be a 3-star so that would raise our average even more.

This season just goes to show you how long an empty recruiting class can impair a program. I am not putting the blame on anyone (i'm trying to avoid that lame debate blaming different coaches), but Mason's last class is really empty (6 of 24 still in the program (2 more guys played 4 seasons and graduated (Theret and Collado)), and Brew's classes also have been hampered by so much attrition that we just don't have enough talent or depth of talent.

Are you guys sure Shortell is Brewsters recruit? I could have sworn when he committed they said Kill had gotten word of him from another coach in Kansas since that is where Kill is from and that Kill was the only FBS coach offering him a scholarship. I could be wrong but I swear I read that somewhere.

Are you guys sure Shortell is Brewsters recruit? I could have sworn when he committed they said Kill had gotten word of him from another coach in Kansas since that is where Kill is from and that Kill was the only FBS coach offering him a scholarship. I could be wrong but I swear I read that somewhere.

I like to think Shortell was more committed to the program than he was to Brewster. He just stuck with his commitment after Brewster left. Michigan tried to woo him there, but he wanted nothing of it.

He said that Michigan wanted him. And yes, Shortell was a Brewster recruit.

He said that Michigan wanted him. And yes, Shortell was a Brewster recruit.
If liedner said Michigan wanted him would you beleive it?

They are essentially the same recruit from the standpoint that they are both players who's only major offer was Minnesota. I find it hard to beleive him. I don't doubt they talked to him late, but i don't think they ever offered or came close to offering. Not calling the kid a liar, just saying there is probably a lot lost in communication.

In that article he is quoted as saying "I haven't even talked to anyone" hardly an offer from Michigan. Not even contact.

Ya but it also says the Wolverines talked to his coaches about maybe offering a scholarship. So who knows what to believe.

Someone else who's on GI can correct/corroborate this but the way I remember it was that after Hoke was hired ( and maybe 2 weeks before signing day) his staff showed interest in Shortell but he reaffirmed his commitment. I don't believe there was a scholly offer.

He was 100% a Brewster recruit, though.

How much stock can we put in these rankings when there is only one 5 star listed for the entire Big Ten , and they are going to ..................Indiana?

Makes me wonder.

How much stock can we put in these rankings when there is only one 5 star listed for the entire Big Ten , and they are going to ..................Indiana?

Makes me wonder.

This fact should make you wonder less about things. The claim has always been that they just rate kids with big offers better. The Fact that the Indiana QB is a guy they have rated higher than anyone else shows this is not the case. They evaluate players.

QB from Indiana is one of the best high school qb's in the nation and is going to play for the coach that developed many great qb's and high draft picks like sam Bradford.

Someone else who's on GI can correct/corroborate this but the way I remember it was that after Hoke was hired ( and maybe 2 weeks before signing day) his staff showed interest in Shortell but he reaffirmed his commitment. I don't believe there was a scholly offer.

He was 100% a Brewster recruit, though.

That sounds familiar to me, also. I know there were some GH threads about what a d-bag Hoke was for trying to come in at the last minute and break commitments.

I have no idea what happened with Shortell and Michigan, but Michigan was looking pretty hard to add a QB to their class at that time (late January). They eventually added Russell Bellomy who was a Purdue recruit (other BCS offers were Iowa St., Minnesota, Colorado and Purdue (also Boise St.)) and ranked similarily to Max Shortell.

Like you said, Shortell only had us as a BCS offer, but he did commit pretty quickly. Like Phil Nelson, I'd have a hard time believing that no other BCS program would have offered Nelson (or the Olson brothers) if they didn't commit so early.

That said, I have no idea if Michigan preferred Bellomy over Shortell, or if they would have been interested in either (first to commit sort of thing).

Top Bottom