Kills health

Maroon92

Reaction score
First of all best of luck to coach and his health which should be top priority for him and his family.

Lets assume the worst and that the doctors and/or his wife tell him he needs to stop coaching for good so he can live a long healthy life. Would we back at square one with the coaching spot or do we assume one the coordinators is promoted up for a long term answer. If this ever played out I think Maturi would be put in a huge predicament on what to do.

Please no one jump on me for being insensitive or not having priorities in order. I have thinking about this since his seizure a few weeks back. Would everyone involved in the program be ok with either one of the two coordinators or would they need to look elsewhere.

I don't like either Limegrover or Claeys as a HC option. You'd have to run through this year with one of them as an interim and look for a long term solution on the market. You'd have to overpay too given the tumult the program is currently in and would be in that scenario.

Let's not bury Coach Kill quite yet.

Let this thing play out. He might be back very soon and have the proper meds to do just fine.

Being pessimistic about about a fb team is one thing, but about someone's health is a different matter.

Let's not bury Coach Kill quite yet.

Let this thing play out. He might be back very soon and have the proper meds to do just fine.

Being pessimistic about about a fb team is one thing, but about someone's health is a different matter.

This. I won't lie and say I haven't thought of the worst case scenario after hearing this news, but I fully expect to see him back on our sidelines in the near future.

It's not wrong to be thinking about what iffs, in fact Joel Maturi (who should resign) better be thinking about this very carefully. I want Coach Kill to get and stay healthy, but the fact of the matter is his body might not be able to handle the stress that comes with coaching and trying to turn around a big ten team. Plus, at this time this program really needs a leader that can be depended on, I don't know if he can be at this point in his life, due to his health. Also, isn't being healthy more important then coaching football? In the end it is just a game.

This is a tough situation, I wish coach K all the best!

I have also thought of the what if’s, I think the doctors will be up front with him and tell him what he needs to do to help his condition improve. I hope it is just a matter of taking meds and not some life altering decision he has to make regarding his coaching career. I hope this is a minor setback and that he will be back for the rest of the season.

Jerry Kill should be placed on administrative leave so he can focus on his health. He's lucky to be alive.

Top Bottom