Kill readmitting himself to hospital to resolve seizure issues

He should take as much time as he needs, the team isn't going anywhere this season anyway.

Insert gallows humor about our new coach wearing green and gold last Saturday...

Get well, coach.

Bummer for coach. Hopefully they get a REAL handle on his issue this time around. I know first hand that it sucks not being able to get these under control. It'll happen, it's the time taken to get them under control that I'm concerned with.

The tone of the quotes have taken a concerning more serious tone. Get well Coach.

Rebecca prolly laid the law down.
Good for her if she did.

Get well soon Coach Kill.

Rebecca prolly laid the law down.
Good for her if she did.

Get well soon Coach Kill.

That's exactly what happened, I guarantee it.

Coach Kill said during his Thursday noon show on KFAN in response to Rosen's asking, "you aren't being bullheaded (about not seeking medical help for the seizures), are you?" And coach responded with, and I'm paraphrasing here, "I listen to my wife on issues like that. She's known me longer than any of those doctors, so what she says, goes."

Yikes. Hopefully they can get things under control.

*&^!#

Kill to Seek Further Medical Treatment

*&^!#

University of Minnesota head football coach Jerry Kill announced Sunday afternoon that he is readmitting himself to the hospital in an effort to resolve his ongoing seizure issues.

*&^!#

Kill suffered a seizure on the Gophers’ sideline late in Minnesota’s home season opener against New Mexico State on Sept. 10 and has admitted publicly to dealing with multiple seizure events since.

*&^!#

“The seizures continue to be a concern for me and my family,” Kill said. “Rebecca and I have made the decision to do what it takes to find a solution.*&^!# I hope to be back to work soon, but we believe that taking some time away to get a handle on this is the right thing to do.”

*&^!#

According to Gopher football team physician Dr. Pat Smith, Kill suffered another seizure Sunday morning. Smith said that Kill is in good condition and his vital signs remain strong, but that he will be admitted to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for further testing and evaluation. Smith was unable to speculate on how long he expected Kill’s stay at Mayo to last.

*&^!#

“Coach Kill is determined to get this issue resolved,” director of athletics Joel Maturi said. “We all want what’s best for him, and his health is our first and foremost concern. I have full confidence that our football staff will get the team prepared while Jerry is away. We all want him back on the sidelines. But it’s time to find a resolution.”

*&^!#

Maturi is traveling to athletic director meetings today and is unavailable for further comment. Gopher Athletics will provide updates on Kill’s situation in the coming days as circumstances warrant.

*&^!#

M

Marcus saying that Kill had a seizure today and is at the Mayo.

"GophersNow: Jerry Kill suffered another seizure today and was admitted into Mayo Clinic today, according to Gophers. Not clear if he'll coach this week. (2 minutes ago from web)"

I hope he stays there until its resolved. Let the assistants take over for now.

yep, no breaks for maroon and gold. Maturi is not to blame but JM is gone this time next year.

Go to just before minutes 8:46 and 10:15 of last night's post-game interview with Coach Kill.

A little "salty" for Minnesota but right on target. Here's the link:

http://www.gophersports.com/allaccess/?media=266032

Gotta love this guy. Get well Coach!

In the meantime, on to Michigan...

Go Gophers! In Coach Kill's Staff We Trust!

Your health comes first coach. Get well soon!

Mayo Clinic -no time limit given. Sounds like he won't be coaching Saturday - 20 additional siezures after the big one raises the real question that health may undermine his vocation here. Very sad all around. Claeys would presumably be the interim coach for as long as it takes.

Good luck to Coach Kill. I hope he can get his health issues figured out.

OK, I've heard as nauseum how seizures can be managed and lived with.

So when should I start being concerned that this will have a non-trivial negative impact on the team?

Get well soon, Coach!

OK, I've heard as nauseum how seizures can be managed and lived with.

So when should I start being concerned that this will have a non-trivial negative impact on the team?

Get well soon, Coach!

I'd say about now. But nothing we can do, except wish him luck. Get well soon Coach.

I'm happy that he isn't messing around and headed down to Mayo. Fixing this program isn't a 5K, it is going to be a marathon effort. In the grand scheme of everything that needs to be here, a stay at Mayo isn't going to be make or break for Coach Kill. I hope for his sake and his family that it gets taken care of soon. I don't see Coach Kill as a selfish type, so getting into negative impact on the team isn't fair at this point. He will do what is best for the program if he has to cross that bridge. From what we have read, it shouldn't come to that.

Get well soon, Coach! This is scary stuff, but I'm glad he decided to take a leave from the team and go to Mayo and figure this out. His health and being around for his family is more important right now than our 1-3 football team.

agreed...there are bigger things than football and I am glad he's trying to get things figured out. I'm sure he has a great coaching staff that can lead the team while he is away.

Coach Kill probably takes better care of the team than he does himself, but now is the time to concentrate on someone that we need on the sideline when he is healthy. Get well, Coach Kill.

I agree with the sentiment that Coach Kill should take as much time as needed to get his health in order. We will need him in future seasons, and for now Limegrover, Claeys and the rest of the coaching staff can handle things and and keep evaluating our younger players and teaching them.

Get well, Coach!

Top Bottom