Doogie: Jerry Kill getting outcoached, but give him time with Gophers

I agree with Doogie. Too many underclassmen being counted on to contribute. I also think that we will see the results of a more effective strength and conditioning program next year as well.

We don't have to give him time, our fine University already is. We don't get to choose when to hire and fire. Which is probably a good thing. It is folly to think we'll be much better next year. The only chance we have is playing a lot of his new recruits and we know how true freshman work in the Big Ten. I'd guess the first sniff of a Big Ten win won't happen until year 3 and first chance at a bowl will be year 4. Otherwise that will be the end of the Kill era. God help us if Macturi is still around then.

RE: I'd guess the first sniff of a Big Ten win won't happen until year 3

That's gotta be one of the dumber things I've read hear in a while.

Doogie is a hack...this story could have been written by an 8th grader. If offers nothing in the way of insight. I hate the Mpls sports writers except for Nadine.

I guess getting completely out coached 3/4 weeks is excusable if it's your first year but not your fourth year.

At least he doesn't use gimmicks :sarcasm:

We don't have to give him time, our fine University already is. We don't get to choose when to hire and fire. Which is probably a good thing. It is folly to think we'll be much better next year. The only chance we have is playing a lot of his new recruits and we know how true freshman work in the Big Ten. I'd guess the first sniff of a Big Ten win won't happen until year 3 and first chance at a bowl will be year 4. Otherwise that will be the end of the Kill era. God help us if Macturi is still around then.

You honestly think we won't win even ONE of the next 16 Big Ten games? Last year we won two. I would guess that even if Kill were a bumbling idiot and a completely incompetent coach, somehow he would have the team ready for at least one single game in the next two years. Brewster went to a bowl in his second year, and you think Kill will not even win a single Big Ten game in his first two years?

I would say that the "awfulizers" are "awfully awful..." when they start predicting..

NO Big Ten wins this year or next season. Remember, things are usually never as good as they may seem while things are going very well and things are rarely as BAD as they may seem while things are going badly.

"Awfulizing" is an awful way to think about all the awful things that might happen. Maybe...just maybe...something kind of good might happen one of these days. That would be AWFULLY nice...wouldn't it?

; 0 )

Top Bottom