NIT BOUND!

gophermanic

Banned
Reaction score
I have been sayin it for weeks and no one will listen. This is not a tourney team and that their record was bogus because of cupcakes in the non-conference schedule. A good not great Michigan team tonight absolutely hammered them. Do not let the 12 point margin fool ya, it was easily a 20-25 point loss. Just becasue we have 3 games at home now, does not cure what is ailing this team. Tubby plays to many guys which has created a free for all on defense and offense. There is no rhythm to this team and absolutely no continuity.

I'm actually surprised.

It actually took you 2 hours after the game ended to make your typical post after a loss. That's 1 hr and 59 min later than I thought.

I'm actually surprised.

It actually took you 2 hours after the game ended to make your typical post after a loss. That's 1 hr and 59 min later than I thought.

Yeah I know, I was busy asking all the players what they run on offense still havent gotten an answer.

Noteworthy that you avoid the subject and attack the poster.
But isn't that what you're doing, TT/ZTA?

Yep, we may be NIT bound. That's disappointing after all the hype on this board but I'd note that a lot of the hype was from relative new-comers (like the originator of this thread who wrote a much different type of post earlier in the season and was all giddy about our chances). Like a lot of bandwagon fans, the shine wears off when the team hits a few rough spots.

At the start of the season, some of us felt that this was a team that would have some struggles and wasn't a lock for the NCAAs. GopherManic chooses to boast about his clarity of vision since the Michigan State loss ... actually he seems to relish in it. Seems strange behavior to me but then I'm just old-fashioned.

Playing in the NIT won't be a cake walk either, my friends. This team peaked early and isn't progressing as our competition appears to be.

NIT would be a huge disappointment after the way this team started.

"Tubby plays to many guys which has created a free for all on defense and offense."

Good job, you must have listened to the post game show on BTN because that is exactly what they said.

I think we'll still get in. The barn should bring a little life back to these guys. I would also like to see Tubby get upset and start the stare and a little something to light a fire under these guys. At times it looks like we are sleepwalking out there. The intensity we started the season with seems to have vanished. Let's get it back.
ITWT => In Tubby We Trust.

Actually, the analysts make a good point. The Timberwolves were doing the same thing that the Gophers are in letting everyone play a few minutes at a time then subbing out. While this might keep the players "fresh" it also takes guys out of the flow of the game. The Timberwolves started enjoying some success this season after McHale decided on a rotation and stuck with it. Tubby Smith has been around a long time and knows a lot more about coaching basketball than I do, but I think these analysts are right -- he is giving way too much playing time to his second five, his offense looks confused and his defense is giving way too many open shots up.

It's pretty amazing. We have a Hall of Fame Coach who has won a National Championship and has won 20 plus games a year for a whole bunch of years. People on this board question his moves and the media like burrito on kfan have all the answers to this team. We don't see this team everyday in practice and know what Tubby is telling this team. A coach can coach but a player has to play. Tubby can't make a jump shot or pass the ball inside. You can't tell me that Tubby doesn't want to win or knows how to win-he wants to go to the big dance as bad as we all want it. I am sure we will see a different team tomorrow as it seems like we have been on the road forever.
Go Gophers!

Top Bottom