Tollackson to make Gopher's Debut on Saturday

Spencer went to a German team (Paderborn Baskets) and stayed for two games.

I wonder if the length of stay had anything to do with the fact that despite being a thick 6'9 post from the Big 10, he couldn't offer a physical presence or rebound.

Spencer Tollackson is going to be the color commentator on Saturday. Dean Linke is scheduled to do the play-by-play.

I like the crew who did the game last night with Trent Tucker and the young lady (does anyone know her name/college affiliation) who did sideline analysis. It will be interesting to see if Spencer comes close her game knowledge and interviewing skills.

Leslie Hill ex-Gopher guard

I think she was on the Final-Four team, but was injured.

Buck and I heard him during the UNH-NW game on BTN last weekend...he sounded good and like he knew his stuff. if only he had played w/ the bball smarts he now professes.

Ah....respectfully disagree.

Spence was painful/difficult to listen to during the PSU/New Hamphire game. His partner wasn't any better. He'll improve over time, but I would think he might try a wee bit too hard for this game.

Not about Spence but has anyone listed to Don Zierden on CCO ?

Love what he's bringing to those broadcasts !

Her name is Leslie Hill...she was on the Final Four team, but had an ACL injury that forced her to miss her senior season. She and I were classmates in the school of journalism...very nice person, and it's great to see her succeeding.

Don on CCO

So far he is great: Great voice, great pace and excellent analysis as well as adding insider information. I was fearful he would be "coaching" on the radio - do what so many "experts" do on broadcasts such as telling you the team needs a timeout,etc. Don hasn't done that and it is obvious he has great respect for Tubby and his staff. I've never heard a better color commentator....from a former color and play-by-play announcer. :)

Leslie will be on the sideline tomorrow

Her name is Leslie Hill...she was on the Final Four team, but had an ACL injury that forced her to miss her senior season. She and I were classmates in the school of journalism...very nice person, and it's great to see her succeeding.

That journalism class has produced at least 2 very good announcers.

Saturday is also Spence's birthday. Good luck to him with his career in broadcasting!

Top Bottom