Flip

MillionMoves

Reaction score
Seeing Phil Saunders in the stands ... he would be a great college coach. After a long career at the highest level of basketball, I don't see him doing it now, though.

What I love about Flip is that he is a great offensive mind...strong X's and O's coach.

Most guys at that age don't want to worry about recruiting, and I wouldn't either.

If you are going to post such a ridiculous thread at least get the name right - FLIP Saunders.

True. It just seems after calling up the finance department to get a proven player chasing around 16 year olds wouldn't be appealing.

Is it just me or has Flip aged drastically since leaving the wolves?

Flip Coach ???

Seeing Phil Saunders in the stands ... he would be a great college coach. After a long career at the highest level of basketball, I don't see him doing it now, though.

Hell, if he has eligibility left lets dress him and play him. we could use a good point guard about now. Al seems to have disintegrated for some reason.

Someone please explain to me what Flip has done that makes you think he'd be a good college coach? Do the names Rick Pitino or John Calipari ring a bell? The only reason his name comes up is because he's an Alum. He very well could be a good college coach but he has no track record or background to base any opinion. The NBA is a different animal.

Art -- I agree that nobody really knows how Flip would be at the college level. Personally, I think he'd be great. But please avoid the a$$ backward comparisons -- they aren't flattering to you and fans of other schools may be reading...

Art -- I agree that nobody really knows how Flip would be at the college level. Personally, I think he'd be great. But please avoid the a$$ backward comparisons -- they aren't flattering to you and fans of other schools may be reading...

I'm just saying that being successful at one level doesn't translate to being successful at the other. I realize it's backwards but it's the best I can come up with.

Top Bottom