Wierd Question...

Gopher10

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity....because of hatred for these two teams

If you was a basketball player and your only offers were from North Carolina Tar Heels and Duke Blue Devils.....Which would you pick? Coack K or Coach William?

"If you was a basketball player and your only offers were from North Carolina Tar Heels and Duke Blue Devils.....Which would you pick? Coack K or Coach William?"

You would not get into ANY college with English grammar like that!!!! LOL

If a player had an offer from both North Carolina and Duke I think I would say to hell with both of them and come play for Coach Smith. :)

Amazing players will end up behind more amazing players competing for starting time.

Much better opportunites here.

"If you was a basketball player and your only offers were from North Carolina Tar Heels and Duke Blue Devils.....Which would you pick? Coack K or Coach William?"

You would not get into ANY college with English grammar like that!!!! LOL

:D

I think if you had offers from UNC and Duke, you would probably have offers elsewhere. And obviously a lot depends on if you fit the playing style, ect.

But if I had to choose, I'd go Duke. I hate both but I've always hated UNC a bit more for some reason.

I think if you had offers from UNC and Duke, you would probably have offers elsewhere. And obviously a lot depends on if you fit the playing style, ect.

But if I had to choose, I'd go Duke. I hate both but I've always hated UNC a bit more for some reason.

What's the criteria? Is it a purely basketball decision? Do other factors play a part: proximity to home, did you grow up following one of the teams, academics (you really couldn't go wrong with either school in that regard. I actually considered Duke coming out of high school but the scholarship/financial aid issues at the time weren't right) or does something like social scene/girls:D:D play a role?

I have a younger cousin who is being recruited right now by several Ivy League schools and some smaller D-II programs for basketball and track as well as his academics. Education is extremely important to he and his family but he'd trade it all for an offer to a UNC or a Kentucky to play basketball.

Duke for an education.

North Carolina is one of the top public universities in the country. I believe in one world wide academic ranking Duke and UNC-CH were separated by only 6 or 7 spots. That's a tremendous achievement for a public research university.

You really can't go wrong with either in terms of pure academics.

What's the criteria? Is it a purely basketball decision? Do other factors play a part: proximity to home, did you grow up following one of the teams, academics (you really couldn't go wrong with either school in that regard. I actually considered Duke coming out of high school but the scholarship/financial aid issues at the time weren't right) or does something like social scene/girls:D:D play a role?

I have a younger cousin who is being recruited right now by several Ivy League schools and some smaller D-II programs for basketball and track as well as his academics. Education is extremely important to he and his family but he'd trade it all for an offer to a UNC or a Kentucky to play basketball.

I don't think proximity to home will matter, because Duke and UNC are essentially in the same place.

You are right about academics. I know a few people who applied and were rejected to UNC that were very intelligent and went on to very good universities.

NC. I've never minded them. Coach Smith (Dean) always had my respect, and I don't really mind Roy. Coach K, another matter. Besides, I like being able to go decent football games in the fall. Not beat-downs in front of hundreds.

Coach K is the new Dean Smith. He's got that image that has been built up by the media while sweeping under the rug all the bad/ugly stuff. Nobody is perfect but the deification of Dean Smith and John Wooden (and now Coach K) is laughable. I remember when K used to bitch and moan to the media about the "calls" Dean Smith got from riding the refs early in his career and now he's in the exact same position where he's the beneficiary of haranguing the officials into a favorable whistle.

North Carolina is one of the top public universities in the country. I believe in one world wide academic ranking Duke and UNC-CH were separated by only 6 or 7 spots. That's a tremendous achievement for a public research university.

You really can't go wrong with either in terms of pure academics.

I answered my way. You are entitled to a different opinion.

Coach K is the new Dean Smith. He's got that image that has been built up by the media while sweeping under the rug all the bad/ugly stuff. Nobody is perfect but the deification of Dean Smith and John Wooden (and now Coach K) is laughable. I remember when K used to bitch and moan to the media about the "calls" Dean Smith got from riding the refs early in his career and now he's in the exact same position where he's the beneficiary of haranguing the officials into a favorable whistle.

John Wooden is BY FAR the greatest NCAA basketball coach ever. He won over 80% of his games overall and over 80% of his NCAA games, too. Only 3 other coaches can claim the former and none the latter.

He has as many NCAA titles (10) and the next 3 (Rupp, Coach K, Knight) coaches COMBINED.

John Wooden is BY FAR the greatest NCAA basketball coach ever. He won over 80% of his games overall and over 80% of his NCAA games, too. Only 3 other coaches can claim the former and none the latter.

He has as many NCAA titles (10) and the next 3 (Rupp, Coach K, Knight) coaches COMBINED.

Nowhere did I mention his coaching acumen or record. What I did mention was the absurd deification of a man who cheated just like others in his profession. UCLA was given a free pass to cheat under Wooden and it wasn't until after he was retired that the NCAA (under pressure from the L.A. Times) acted.

Yet, it is interesting to note that Wooden wasn't as good a coach until Sam Gilbert came along. If anyone in the game is above reproach it's Knight. He's abrasive, caustic, short tempered and arrogant but never resorted to the massive cheating others did, never manipulated the media like others have and doesn't put on false faces or shovel sanctimony down the throats of college basketball fans for the sake of image.

Nowhere did I mention his coaching acumen or record. What I did mention was the absurd deification of a man who cheated just like others in his profession. UCLA was given a free pass to cheat under Wooden and it wasn't until after he was retired that the NCAA (under pressure from the L.A. Times) acted.

Yet, it is interesting to note that Wooden wasn't as good a coach until Sam Gilbert came along. If anyone in the game is above reproach it's Knight. He's abrasive, caustic, short tempered and arrogant but never resorted to the massive cheating others did, never manipulated the media like others have and doesn't put on false faces or shovel sanctimony down the throats of college basketball fans for the sake of image.

Adolph Rupp cheated, too. NCAA Death Penalty in 1953.

Top Bottom