Avery Bradley
Wally Judge
Mason Plumlee
Michael Snaer
Tommy Mason-Griffin
Keith Gallon
Travis Wear
David Wear

I actually am a little surprised that Royce didn't make the cut, as he is in the Top 24 in nearly every ranking out there.

If he was a Kansas/Michigan State/UNC/Duke recruit would he have been picked?

Random question, are the two at the bottom brothers?

I'm fairly sure, though I could be wrong, that they are twins attending UNC next year.

Yes, the two at the bottom are brothers and they play for the same HS team (ranked #1 in the nation) and will be Tar Heels next year. I think Royce got snubbed by those two and the story line they'll bring into the game. In Royce's updated analysis, his position has been changed from SF to PF, which I think hurt his chances. IIRC, he was rated as the #3 SF by ESPN, but is now the #8 PF.

Probably. But picking the McDonald's game rosters is just like any other political process. There are going to be biases and personal preferences shown for certain kids over others. Just the way it is.

Yeah, that's why Rickert, Humphries, and Pryzbilla were snubbed as well. I believe Rickert pulled the 'ol hat switcheroo before the rosters were announced and Pryzbilla was a Gopher from day one. Humphries OTOH, renegged on Duke after the rosters were announced (IIRC) so I'll maybe give you that one.

Being a McDonald's AA and a Gopher is the kiss of death.

I asked this on the other post about, but it was never answered, but could royce even make the team? Considering he was already chosen for the Jordan game. Is it like football where you can only attend one all star game?

I believe you can play in two all-star games.

No Royce, no Rodney.

East
Derrick Favors
Lance Stephenson
DeMarcus Cousins
Kenny Boynton
Ryan Kelly
Alex Oriakhi
Dominic Cheek
Dante Taylor
Dexter Strickland
Milton Jennings
Maalik Wayns
Peyton Siva

West
John Henson
Xavier Henry
Renardo Sidney
Abdul Gaddy
Avery Bradley
Wally Judge
Mason Plumlee
Michael Snaer
Tommy Mason-Griffin
Keith Gallon
Travis Wear
David Wear

I believe Royce will make Parade A-A team (announced in a month or 6 weeks). I think Rodney has a chance to be Parade A-A too.

How does John Wall (#1 on rivals) not make the game either?

Edit: Found out he's ineligible to play in the game because he's a 5th year senior.

Bummer. It would be nice to say we had a McDonalds AA coming in, and I'm sure Royce would have loved being honored.

In the end though, it's just an award, and I'm real excited to see what all the recruits will do next year and beyond.

The McDonalds game has turned into such a huge political mess the past 5 years and whether certain people want to admit it or not, certain schools get kids into that game over much more deserving kids. I wouldn't call it anti-MN though as alot of states and schools see there kids getting snubbed every year so Duke, Kansas, UCLA and North Carolina can get there entire recruiting classes in the game.

Royce was also hurt by the off court issues although thats BS as well since they have let kids in that game who have done much worse things than what Royce did at DelaSalle, which was actually kind of funny, the Oreo incident, not the cheating.

Agreed with you Johnny, laughed my ass off when I heard that story...very good!

Top Bottom