Khalid El Amin sighting?

bga1

Reaction score
Maybe it was just me but Benny Valentine reminded me all night of Khalid. At first he just looked ridiculous in those ankle length trunks but he played an incredible game. I don't know how good he is game in game out- but tonight we was pretty tough against perhaps the best defensive point guard in the Big Ten.

The Gophs are making some progress- great to see the offense work the ball inside and everyone benefited. Good game despite some sloppyness in the second half.

I'll offer a third I was stuck with that impression.

I never thought of him the same after he flipped over the UConn, other than the night be beat Duke in the title game. An expose on his life in HS, the circumstances leading him to choose UConn, and his time at there would make for a hell of a book. He's probably had an interesting road since college too.

His mother talked about the media coverage of his personal life- married with a kid in HS to his leaving. People have said getting his clock cleaned by Archambeault turned him off to the U. I've even heard some question his age. His incident at UConn while driving a vintage Cadillac also adds some intrigue to the situation.

Maybe it was just me but Benny Valentine reminded me all night of Khalid. At first he just looked ridiculous in those ankle length trunks but he played an incredible game.

He looked like Gary Coleman to the student section.

He reminded me of Kirby Puckett. He looked like he could do just about anything he wanted on the court. I know Kirby used to hoop it up ocassionally. I wonder if Valentine plays baseball and if there were any Twins scouts there.

It looks like Valentine left Texas Tech when Bobby Knight was still coaching. I wonder what the story was there.

Top Bottom