Will the Gophers make the NCAA Tournament?

Will the Gophers make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yep - Tubby has us dancing!!

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • Nope - Back to the NIT, again!!

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

Yes!!!!!!! And will advance beyond the first weekend, into the Sweet 16. Mark my words.

Yes, I think we will squeak in. What we do from there will deepend on the draw.

We'll make the dance. We'll win our first tournament game. And then we'll get sent home after shooting about 30% the next game.

Called it before the year started, will make the tournament (as a 7 seed) and win 1 game before being eliminated. Will serve as a nice boost to go into next year.

If we're shut out, it will rank as the biggest choke job in my memory...and another reminder that playing a slate of patsies prior to the Big Ten schedule isn't a good idea.

"If we're shut out. ... (it's) another reminder that playing a slate of patsies prior to the Big Ten schedule isn't a good idea."

Amen G4L.

That's a horn that was consistently being honked immediately after the nonconference schedule was released during the summer. Contention all along has been -- if we're in position for a bid but we get left out of the tournament -- I don't want the reason to be a weak nonconference schedule, which is what we played (however Joe E chooses to rationalize it).

If a team played a solid slate of quality nonconference foes & gets left out because they didn't win enough of those games (i.e Wisconsin could be an example this season) that's one thing. But it's completely another to play a Charmin-soft schedule & for the most part put all your eggs in one basket (Louisville). Thank goodness we won the one signature game on our nonconference schedule; we'd be in deep doo-doo without it. As it is, let's hope Louisville is enough to sway the tide in our favor if the Gophers truly end up on the bubble because our "next best" calling cards outside of the Big 10 are that we beat Virginia (ACC bottom-feeder), NDSU (likely Summit champ) and Cornell (likely Ivy champ).

For the record G4L, I think our choke job in 2002 is unattainable. I hope we never top that.

If the basketball team chokes down the stretch, it'll be just like every football season in recent memory.

What are people seeing that leads them to believe we can win a few more?

A good question.

As unsightly as we are in the half court, what gives me hope quite honestly is the guy now patrolling the sidelines & the fact the Gophers are usually pretty good defensively. Not to mention, we're not playing Michigan State or Purdue down the stretch.

Frankly, given the way we've been playing of late, I don't see anyone up ahead that we should expect to beat. And that makes a very low seed and a tough opponent probable in the conference tourney as well.

schizoid

Yes!!!!!!! And will advance beyond the first weekend, into the Sweet 16. Mark my words.

Hey Doc I think we`ll be fine as long as the gophs schizophrenia does`nt exceed yours

the tourney camera loves Tubby, but the Gophs won't make the NCAA this year.

Some things that need to happen:

Beat NW
Beat at least Michigan once
Beat UW
At least a good showing against Illinois, if not a win

So basically win all home games and at least one Big Ten tourney game and we are locked

Definitely maybe.

20070220-definitely-maybe.jpg
??

Top Bottom