Zack Novak - 6'5
DeShawn Sims - 6'8

I'd go with a lineup of:

G -Nolen
G - Westbrook
G - Joseph
PF - Sampson
C - Iverson

Spread the floor. Having DJ out there only clogs things up. Pound it inside to Sampson and Iverson. If they choose to collapse on Iverson/Sampson, kick it back out to Westbrook or Joseph.

If you play DJ this game, play him at the 4 or 5. DO NOT let him guard Manny Harris. Manny Harris is very good at things: 1) Drawing fouls (#55 in the nation). 2) Making free throws (86%).

Have Nolen guard Harris. Nolen can stay in front of him. Guard him loose on the perimeter. This, along with Nolen's height disadvantage, might entice Harris to jack up more three-point attempts than usual, which is good, because Harris can't shoot worth puddle of piss.

So do you want Sampson or Iverson burned time after time chasing around a a three point shooter half their size?

DJ is a go, Nolen is a go, Sampson is a go, Iverson is a go, and the 5th I would have for a go is DeVoe.

The patented plan from MNSnowman: score more points than Michigan by the end of the second half.

Snowman? Is that the plan? From many posts on various threads, I was beginning to believe that all that mattered was who starts!!!!!!! I like your plan better. :)

So do you want Sampson or Iverson burned time after time chasing around a a three point shooter half their size?

Considering that Zack Novak is less athletic than Sampson and shoots just 32.4% from three, sure. Or play zone.

To me it's not so much the starting 5, it's what they do. Use the whole team, get inside, bang away early and bang away often. A super foul heavy game! Then give them the old "snowball treatment" by ending up with "more points than Michigan by the end of the second half". And not a foul left to spare.

To me it's not so much the starting 5, it's what they do. Use the whole team, get inside, bang away early and bang away often. A super foul heavy game! Then give them the old "snowball treatment" by ending up with "more points than Michigan by the end of the second half". And not a foul left to spare.

And I think it would be a little easier to execute that strategy if our opponents didn't have to worry about guarding just two spots on the floor: around the basket and wherever Westbrook is.

I've heard how Sampson and Iverson shouldn't be on the court together, but I think it's Nolen, Johnson, Sampson, and Iverson that shouldn't all be on the court together. We need one less PF/C on the floor (lets face it, DJ is a 4 offensively) and at least one more threat to shoot. We need to spread the floor.

Top Bottom