Gophers Hire Michele Redman and John Carlson to Lead Golf Programs

my god Maturi really botched this the first time around. We had a national Top 10 mens golf program with a national title and a third place national finish but then Joel decided to ban overseas recruiting so Brad James bailed and then being starstruck by John Harris and ignoring all the people who said this guy was bad news.

The worst part is we had the perfect replacement for James in top assistant Andrew Tank but Joel ignored him so he took the Iowa State job where a quick google search showed this story first,

AMES, Iowa - Iowa State men's golf coach Andrew Tank added another top international player to the Cyclone golf roster today, as Australian Sam Daley has signed a letter of intent to play golf at Iowa State next fall.

Daley, a native of Wynnum, Queensland, has built an impressive golfing resume throughout his junior career. He won the Tasmanian Junior Masters and placed second at the Queensland Boys Championship this past year.

"Sam has the qualities that will make him a successful student-athlete at Iowa State," Tank said. "Over the next four years, he will help our program achieve great things."

Daley is a member of the Queensland and Brisbane teams, respectively, and is currently ranked as the third-best junior golfer in Australia.

That should still be us and no doubt Brad James is helping steer Australia's best young golfers to Iowa State and not MN.

I'm not a normal Maturi is the devil person but he has made some really god awful hires.

James did a great job and the whole Harris thing has been a mess, no question, but personally I'm glad to see that it appears the U's golf program is recruiting more Minnesota kids. There are plenty of quality golfers in this state and around the region who could excel at the U of M and nationally, if offered the chance. Just kinda' glad our golf program is no longer an overseas oasis.

Thanks Brad for a job well done, and good luck to the new coaches. I hope they do well.

I'm not a normal Maturi is the devil person but he has made some really god awful hires.

Along with some truly outstanding ones.

but then Joel decided to ban overseas recruiting so Brad James bailed

So tennis can recruit overseas and track can recruit overseas and women's basketball can recruit overseas, but Joel decided....let's not recruit golfers from overseas. And Brad was so distraught, he had to bail and settle for a lesser job (overseeing Australia's men's and women's national programs). I heard he's sleeping in his car.

i would actually take the time to answer your incorrect comments but since your being such an ass, why bother.

Top Bottom