Lunardi's latest bracket

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Gophers have dropped to a #9 seed. If we do make the tournament, I'd rather be a 10, 11 or 12 than an 8 or 9. There's really not that much difference between the 5s & 12s (quite often the final at-large teams), and it would be nice to avoid a #1 seed in the 2nd round, if we get there.

Lunardi was just on TV a little while ago and he predicted the Gophers will play their way out of the field and Michigan will play its way in by sweeping the Gophers. The way the Gophers are playing I can't really disagree with him, but let's hope that prediction doesn't come to fruition.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Illinois and Ohio St are 5 seeds and we are a lowly 9. I know we have played poorly as of late, but there isnt that big of a difference between us and those teams if we can figure out how to pull our heads out of our asses.

Gophers have dropped to a #9 seed. If we do make the tournament, I'd rather be a 10, 11 or 12 than an 8 or 9. There's really not that much difference between the 5s & 12s (quite often the final at-large teams), and it would be nice to avoid a #1 seed in the 2nd round, if we get there.

Lunardi was just on TV a little while ago and he predicted the Gophers will play their way out of the field and Michigan will play its way in by sweeping the Gophers. The way the Gophers are playing I can't really disagree with him, but let's hope that prediction doesn't come to fruition.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Lunardi has been wrong in the past. He's wrong with that (Michigan sweep) prediction.

Lunardi has been wrong before? You don't say. I thought he was perfect. How dare he suggest that it is even possible that John Beilein vs. Tubby Smith, er, I mean Michigan vs. Minnesota, could result in a Beilein/Michigan sweep. We'll find out beginning Thursday whether he's right with this prediction.

If Lunardi's latest bracket is what comes to pass, the ticket resale market will be alive and well, with the red weasels and green hillbillies coming to town.

There could be no greater kick in the kahones. ...

than having the Gophers come up short of earning a NCAA bid, then having to watch Wisconsin fans take over the Metrodome. Please Selection Committee, send any Big Ten team(s) other than the Badgers to the Metrodome. ... Michigan State and/or Ohio State preferred.

I couldn't agree more with you, SS, on two fronts.
a. The 8-9 seeds are the worst seeds for BCS conference teams - I would take a 10/11 seed over the 8/9 any day.
b. Send a B10 team to Metrodome - just not the Badgers. Don't reward them with a "home" game. They lost to the Hawkeyes, for goodness sake. :D

Top Bottom