Season Ticket Holders? How Long? What Section/Row?

nemosgold

Reaction score
I've heard Maturi on the Radio mention that they may redo seat licenses in Williams after the TCF work is done.

Just wondering for season ticket holders, how long have you had your seats, what section, what row? Any additional $?

Yrs:16
Sect: 213
Row: 6
Donation: No

Yrs:18
Sect: 210
Row: 3

Yrs: 9th season
Sect: 114
Row: 25

How does the seating work, and why does having tickets longer not (apparently) equate to better tickets?

Just wondering as I'll be jumping into the "real" season ticket pool next year.

Basketball seats

Yrs: 18-20
Sec: 120 (was 101)
Row: 17 (was 19)
Donation: $325/y/seat

Yrs: 16
Sect: 115
Row: 25

In response to FTB's question about why longevity doesn't necessarily equate to better seats ... in my case, I kept checking the box on the renewal form asking to improve my seats, but it never happened. For 10 or 11 years I was up high in the second level behind a basket and didn't move down even in the Monson years. I called to ask about it a few times, but the student workers always said the same thing: "It's hard to move up in basketball." Then one year I talked to the right guy -- the manager. He gave me five or six different areas where others with my longevity were seated, and all were better. Some in the second level and some in the lower level. I picked one and he made it happen.

For what it's worth, it wasn't an easy decision. There are advantages to being in the second level compared to where I am in the lower level. My tickets aren't necessarily "better" than many in the second level, and I occasionally I consider checking out what's available up there.

Do you get much choice when you initially get season tickets or is it just luck of the draw? I'm guessing things have changed in the last 16 years, but any ideas? Just trying to figure out what I am in for.

If you order a single, your chances are much better for a good seat. If you order 2 or more, then it'll be upper deck somewhere, I think.

I kind of lucked out about 5-6 years ago when I added a second season ticket. My seats aren't side by side like I'd prefer, but one is directly behind the other and I'm right behind the basket. Every year I request to get seats side by side in my current section within about 5 rows where I am now, but they're never able to honor that request.

My experience is the same as "Hates Monikers" -- when there were reports of lowered renewals of season tickets, I called the ticket office after not getting a requested seat improvement and ended up talking to a manager. I met him over at Williams and we looked at a few options, ending up where we are.

This is 50-70% specutalion, but I think one thing that creates a bit of the problem is that the ticket office tends to hold those locations that have been assigned to season tickets after the season begins. They may have been reserved for folks who put a deposit down but then didn't move forward ... or may even be reserved for long-time season ticket holders who didn't meet the deposit deadline.

The U's ticket office holds them in the belief that the season ticket holder will eventually pay up and if they reallocate them, they're gone for good. The office also thinks they'll be able to sell them on the open market so they put a priority on honoring the previous holder's place to avoid potential problems. I can understand their viewpoint -- they're between the rock and the hard place on these situations (albeit one of their own making in terms of their leniency).

FtB

I will echo what others have said in that it's all about who you talk to.

I have a few sets of season tickets. I've had them for a few years now, but my 'longevity' has nothing to do with their placement. I make a sizable donation every year, but just doing that without talking to the right people would not be nearly as beneficial.

Top Bottom