Our Win Vs. Virginia just got bigger

It is a crazy year in collage basketball.

Jeez Art. Every win an opponent has, that we beat in the past, is indeed a BFD.

I was offered free tickets to this game. VA basketball has been so awful I passed. Great game though. But VA is not good. The belief was they would go 1-15 and Laeto would be out on is @ss. Not sure how many wins it will take to buy him a year, but this helps.

They are playing a little better of late. If they can somehow eek out 2-3 more wins it will help the Gophers a little on SOS, but VA is never going to be a quality win...sorry.

FYI- People in C'ville were peeved at Sampson wearing a Gopher hat at that game. I say get over it. It's his kid for god's sake.

This win got a bit bigger tonight as VA crushed VPI. Not only giving a small boost to the Gophers RPI, but probably bursting VPI's bubble, at least for now. So good on two fronts. Say this for UVA, they are improving and Laeto may be saving his job yet. I think they still kick themselves for not coming up with the $$ to get Tubby though.

This win got a bit bigger tonight as VA crushed VPI. Not only giving a small boost to the Gophers RPI, but probably bursting VPI's bubble, at least for now. So good on two fronts. Say this for UVA, they are improving and Laeto may be saving his job yet. I think they still kick themselves for not coming up with the $$ to get Tubby though.

Tubby nearly went to Virginia in 2005 but the school did not want to pay $3 million per year. Despite 219-58 (79%) overall and 21-7 (75%) in NCAA games (then), that is.

He also nearly went to South Carolina in 2001 with the OK from UK AD Larry Ivy, who wanted to re-hire Rick Pitino. This despite being 110-33 (77%) and 12-3 (80%) in NCAA games at the time.

So the malarkey about subpar seasons in 2006 and 2007 being the reason fir him leaving UK is just that, baloney. UK wanted him gone several times previously, despite excellent results at the time.

Top Bottom