Even Seth Davis still has us in the tourney

KyGopherfan

Reaction score
So everyone stop panicking. We're not even on the bubble. B10 road games are hard to come by, even though we could've won yesterday. So we're not going to get punished. That being said, we need to take care of home. However, I'm very confident of being in the tourney. We got this!

This is not the same team that beat Louisville in Dec and came back against Bucky in Jan. I am very nervous and could easily see this team collapsing to win 1 or 2 in the final 5. I sure hope I am wrong, but the recent play should lead many of us to be very worried.

True, but we're not the only team hitting a wall either. Other teams are really scouting us and it's getting tougher, but that goes for opposing teams as well. In this league, everyone is struggling to win, save MSU.

That's why the games are played, my friends....Relax everyone, this team will be in good shape with 3 of the next 5 at home. One (or two) wins in the BT Tourney and we are a 7 or 8 seed, which seems about right. Look at Ill at Indiana today...tough-tough game for Ill.

Did the conference catch-up to us and expose our offensive holes? Could the swoon really be the result of scouting and defensive game plans?

We desperately need Royce White to provide an interior option, Rodney Williams to get to the basket, and Sampson/Iverson to develop post games. We don't have a creative forward, someone who can get to the hoop, or much in the post. Hoffarber might look better really fast if defenses have to account for other facets in their zone.

Seth Davis also had Wisconsin in. I thought they where not going to be in the NCAA tourney.

If they win 3 of the next 5 (likely) they're in....but the Michigan game at Madison could be the loss that ends their NCAA hopes...

SO what happens if tie with Wisconsin in the conference. Do we both go to the Dance.

Good question, Big Play....My opinion, FWIW, is YES!!!!

That game vs wisconsin at the barn is going to be a huge game.

Overall, I'm not concerned about the direction of the team. This is honestly about what I expected. What has surprised me is the lack of a go-to player. Every game is a crap shoot to see who will step up and make plays. And too often, it seems like the guys are looking for another guy to step forward and make the plays, which is a problem when you have 11 guys all doing that at the same time.

Having said that, not enough experience amongst our primary contributors to have figured this all out right now. It's frustrating as heck to watch, which sucks for the rest of us. But as has been said, our overall numbers are still pretty darn good.

Now, we need to find an identity down the stretch because what we've done recently doesn't cut it. Whether we do or not, I'm not sure. But I think we'll win at least two more games somehow. Whether we win that fourth one, I have no idea.

The overall point is there are still opportunities down the stretch. Whether we take advantage is the question.

Top Bottom