Bring back Payton.

rrjackIII

Reaction score
Maybe we need his bench energy to get our mojo back.

Our record with Payton is 16-2.

Without 3-4.

hmmm.

Where is Payton? Is he kicked off the team due to school reasons? If so, how long?

That's ironic since Payton's cheerleading and scholastic abilities were the only reasons to re-extend his athletic scholarship for this year.

That's ironic since Payton's cheerleading and scholastic abilities were the only reasons to re-extend his athletic scholarship for this year.

It likely had more to do with honoring a commitment and doing the right thing.

I just want to be certain you understand that both player and university "commit" to one year at a time, not to four years. "Doing the right thing" means re-evaluating the deal at the end of each year.

I just want to be certain you understand that both player and university "commit" to one year at a time, not to four years. "Doing the right thing" means re-evaluating the deal at the end of each year.

I just want to be certain that you understand that unless there are academic, legal, or character issues it is practically unheard of for a player not to have their scholarships renewed before their eligibility runs out.

If a kid is cut off because he/she is bust, many people would think the kid got screwed. It doesn't stop at the kid and their family, the HS coach is probably miffed and they likely belong to a tight-knit coaches association and every coach in the state hears about it and remember the incident when the coach comes knocking for one of their players. Bo Ryan knows it happened and he tells a prospect we're fighting for that he'll honor his pledge to that player and that Minnesota doesn't always believe in that practice.

KP told my friend he will be back with the team as early as next week. Could be up to two weeks before he is back with the team though. It seems odd that he would have these academic problems. He has the same major as a friend of mine and they have had several classes together and she says he seems to do well in all of them. Oh well. I hope he gets back soon. He not have turned into a great basketball player at the U, but he does love the game and accepts his role on the team very well. If he wasn't trying, I would fault him, but the kid hasn't hung his head and has always tried hard while on the court.

Top Bottom