Plinnius

Reaction score
I think I might just go with a starting lineup of:

G-Nolen
G-Joseph
G-Westbrook
F-Carter
C-Sampson

I would prob go with DJ in place of Westbrook. a 6ft SF that doesn't rebound or play defense we would get killed on the defensive end and on the boards.

5 star

I would prob go with DJ in place of Westbrook. a 6ft SF that doesn't rebound or play defense we would get killed on the defensive end and on the boards.

agreed. westy can still get his minutes but best when we have the free throw bonus in our favor!

Teams like Michigan, Northwestern, and Illinois are teams that play three guards most of the time and don't rebound well, so I don't think we'll be hurting in those categories. Not that Johnson can rebound or defend smaller wings . . .

This is what I would try vs. Michigan

PG - Hoff
SG - Devoseph
SF - Westbrook
PF - Carter
C - RSIII

1st in - DJ, Al, Iverson

We need to move the ball and score. This may not be our best defensive lineup, but it might motivate some players.

I also have no problem playing Busch. He can actually score and rebound.

There really is no reason to play anyone outside of these nine players IMO. Not trying to knock JAS either, but I think long term he doesn't add as much to the team with his minutes as these other players.

PG - Hoff Hoffarber at PG? Did you mean Joseph?

G-Nolen
G-Joseph
F-Carter
F-Johnson
C-Iverson/Sampson depending on match-up

No, I would put Hoff at the PG.

He is one of 2-3 players that have a concept of reversing the ball and finding an open man. Also by having your best three shooters on the floor from long range, you will open up the lanes.

I would only bring Nolen in if for whatever reason we couldn't beat the press across the half court, which is possible.

Top Bottom