Royce has 22 as Hopkins beats Brooklyn (NY) Jefferson HS 79-65

BleedGopher

Reaction score
HOPKINS 79, BROOKLYN (N.Y.) JEFFERSON 65: The Royals beat Thomas Jefferson of Brooklyn at the Nike Super 6 Showdown at Fordham University in the Bronx. Hopkins, No. 1 in Class 4A and No. 6 in one national ranking, led 26-13 after the first quarter and 47-35 at halftime. Raymond Cowels led Hopkins (19-0) with 25 points, making five of eight three-point shots. Royce White added 22 points and Trent Lockett had 12.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/39600712.html?elr=KArksUUUU

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for the update Bleed!!!

Royce seems to have really settled in with his teammates at Hopkins after a period of slight adjustment. Hopefully, he does the same thing as a Gopher next year!!!

Thanks for the update Bleed!!!

Royce seems to have really settled in with his teammates at Hopkins after a period of slight adjustment. Hopefully, he does the same thing as a Gopher next year!!!

Royce and Mbakwe could be co-starters at PF for the Gophers next season.

Then Carter and Johnson could share WF spot with Sampson and Iverson splitting C position.

Add Rodney to the mix and the Gophers are MUCH deeper and better in frontcourt next year.

Here's another write-up I found from Five Boro Sports. The blog gives a pretty decent account of the game. Sounds like White was dominating early and the only part of his game that needed work was his free throw shooting.

The Brooklyn coach is such an excuse maker. He thought they should have won. Just admit Hopkins is a better team and that they beeat your ass.

The Brooklyn coach is such an excuse maker. He thought they should have won. Just admit Hopkins is a better team and that they beeat your ass.
No kidding. Based on the summary, it looks like it was never even a game from the start.

yeah, apparently they thought they would be playing the little sisters of the poor (being from Minnesota and all):rolleyes: Don't care, Hopkins killed his team and if he wants to make excuses, that's fine.

The proof was in the pudding and Hopkins apparently took his team behind the woodshed. It just makes me laugh that both the coach and his players seemed to look past the undefeated record Hopkins has along with being nationally ranked and went right to, "Since they are from Minnesota, they'll be soft and unathletic." Makes me chuckle the more I think about it....:D

So is Hopkins only playing one game out there? Or can we expect them to beat up on some more cocky NY teams?

So is Hopkins only playing one game out there? Or can we expect them to beat up on some more cocky NY teams?
Nike flew them out for only a 1 game showcase, similar to what Gatorade has done at the Target Center in past years.

It's too bad really, I would've enjoyed seeing them take another brazen NYC team "behind the woodshed" as MRJ so aptly put it :p

The reporter covering the game noted in his blog that Hopkins was the best team that Jefferson had played all year, and that included the powerhouse of Lincoln and a few other schools that are supposedly the best in NY.

Looks like MN gained some respect in the eyes of the NYC folk with their play last night...'bout time!

Way to dominate and represent Minnesota boys! Sounds to me like Hopkins could have won this game by any number it wanted to but the other coach said Jefferson had more talent. ;)

Top Bottom