Royce White just tweeted....

it sounds like they were talking about benching weight.

Is that after a trip to a Iowa mall or before? I bet he was 225 when he went in, and 270 after he walked out. :)

Is that after a trip to a Iowa mall or before? I bet he was 225 when he went in, and 270 after he walked out. :)

I like that one.

If he is talking about benching, 270lbs is not that impressive for a guy his size. He should definitely be in the 300 club (320 at least).

If he is talking about benching, 270lbs is not that impressive for a guy his size. He should definitely be in the 300 club (320 at least).

I remember reading Royce was putting up 325 when he was here, Trevor was doing 340. Of course that was a few years ago.

I remember reading Royce was putting up 325 when he was here, Trevor was doing 340. Of course that was a few years ago.

That would make more sence, he's not talking about bench press.

Although in that lame youtube video wasn't he doing reps of 135lbs.

Maybe he maxes out at 325 and reps 270? Or maybe it's his Call of Duty ranking? Or maybe we'll never guess.

I think he forgot the period. he meant to say he was at a .270

I saw him at the Capital City League down in Des Moines playing against some of my Drake guys. I wouldn't be shocked if he was that big. He looked like a beast. He's going to have to lose some weight in order to be effective though when he has some true competition. The league was absolutely dominated by the new ISU players. They will need time to gel, but they could be one of the most exciting teams in the country (as long as they stay out of trouble).

hopefully he will come out with a new video to explain this tweet

Not going to lie, after watching that video I wish we had that guy on our team. Looked incredibly powerful going to the hoop.

I don't see why Royce couldn't be such a model citizen like he seems to be at ISU? ISU fans are eating it up too, pretending like they were his first choice and they landed him. More like he had no other choice. He gave them the same line he gave us, "I want to win a national championship here and rebuild the program." Royce always wanted to be the hometown hero, but I think its more just a line he gives people to make him look loyal.

I gotta admit, i'm somewhat jealous of what's going on in Ames. They've gone from a punchline program to what looks like, on paper, a legitimate Big 12 contender, if not national contender, in 16 months. Less than two years. By every indication, Royce has undergone a huge transformation, physically, but more importantly, mentally. If they turn into a top 10 team this year, i'll be the first to ask the question why we can't do this here at the U.

I gotta admit, i'm somewhat jealous of what's going on in Ames. They've gone from a punchline program to what looks like, on paper, a legitimate Big 12 contender, if not national contender, in 16 months. Less than two years. By every indication, Royce has undergone a huge transformation, physically, but more importantly, mentally. If they turn into a top 10 team this year, i'll be the first to ask the question why we can't do this here at the U.

National contender?? It's a stretch calling them a Big 12 contender at this point. Royce White and a few role players from the Big Ten does not make a championship team.

^ true, lets not forget their 2nd best player chris allen, was not much more than a 3rd or 4th option on MSU's 2010 team. Royce should compete for a spot on the B12's first team though, which makes me wish we still had him...

You should never be jealous of an ISU sports team until they win something. So like I said, you should never be jealous of an ISU sports team.

You should never be jealous of an ISU sports team until they win something. So like I said, you should never be jealous of an ISU sports team.

How many times has Minny beat Iowa State, head-to-head, in one of the two revenue sports in the last 20 years?

To the OP, White is a legit 270 these days.

well we did beat you in bball in tubby's first year. It's not like we get to play too often

well we did beat you in bball in tubby's first year. It's not like we get to play too often

True, and that's the "one". Iowa State holds a 5-1 record between the two schools, in football and basketball combined, since 1990.

I am responding jerkishly to an obviously jerkish, and uninformed, post. Not yours...the other one.

I can't even imagine what the press in this town would do if Tubby started taking every single transfer that quit, got arrested or got kicked off their first team. They literally would turn public perception to a point that it would not be allowed by the "higher ups" at the U. It just simply couldn't happen imo.

True, and that's the "one". Iowa State holds a 5-1 record between the two schools, in football and basketball combined, since 1990.

I am responding jerkishly to an obviously jerkish, and uninformed, post. Not yours...the other one.

Wrong. I interpret since 1990 to be inclusive of that year. Obviously you either agree (and thus miss 3 Minnesota wins, or you don't (in which case you could be accused of choosing a cut date that makes it appear "jerkish" ala UW football fans who claim college football suddenly burst on the landscape in 1993 while still missing a Minnesota win). Either way, you could add uninformed to your post alongside "jerkish". FWIW, I wish Royce, ISU and their fans (including you) the very best. My final school choices were Minnesota, ISU and Iowa. I still cheer for one besides my alma mater of Minnesota, and it ain't Iowa. Regardless, ISU still has a 5-4 edge over us since 1/1/90.

Football:
9/15/90- Minnesota 20 - Iowa State 16
9/13/97- Minnesota 53 - Iowa State 29

All Time Series: Minnesota 22-3-1

Hoops:
12/2/90- Minnesota 84 - Iowa State 70

All Time Series: Minnesota 18-11

Top Bottom