Shooter: Had the Gophers retained Jimmy Williams, Klay Thompson would've been a Goph

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

"A little birdie says had Jimmy Williams been allowed to accept the Gophers men's basketball coaching job he contends he was offered two years ago, Klay Thompson, son of former Gopher Mychal Thompson, would have chosen Minnesota rather than Washington State. Klay, a 6-7 shooting guard, was chosen No. 11 overall by the Golden State Warriors in Thursday's NBA draft.

Williams, by the way, has a hearing by the Minnesota Court of Appeals scheduled for July 21. He's seeking $1.25 million he was awarded by jury nearly a year ago in a lawsuit against the University of Minnesota. Ten percent interest has been applied to the award if Williams' verdict is upheld."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18354477

Go Gophers!!

to Jimmy Williams I say.... Whatever....

And he knows this for a fact?Just like Jon Leaur is going to be a lottery pick.Shooter is a joke.Seems to me he had Trevor and Ralph going high in this years draft also.And did you read Tynus Jones dunked on a player this weekend.Wow.what an insiteful column.

per Shooter:

"A little birdie says had Jimmy Williams been allowed to accept the Gophers men's basketball coaching job he contends he was offered two years ago, Klay Thompson, son of former Gopher Mychal Thompson, would have chosen Minnesota rather than Washington State. Klay, a 6-7 shooting guard, was chosen No. 11 overall by the Golden State Warriors in Thursday's NBA draft.

Williams, by the way, has a hearing by the Minnesota Court of Appeals scheduled for July 21. He's seeking $1.25 million he was awarded by jury nearly a year ago in a lawsuit against the University of Minnesota. Ten percent interest has been applied to the award if Williams' verdict is upheld."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18354477

Go Gophers!!

Of all of he ones that ever got away this one hurts the most and we did not even know that Klay got away until now. Darn~!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Jimmy, give us a break and go out and get a job!

I always thought it was reported by the media that he wanted to stay on the west coast to go to school.

I doubt you can say for sure that any player "would have" come here had [xyz] assistant coach been hired, but I don't understand the posts that seem to dig at Williams. The guy got a raw deal from the U and I'm glad he won his case.

I mean, give me a break, the administration pulls his offer because of something the former players did while he was an assistant 30 years ago. Ridiculous. And did it work out for us? The staff Tubby ended up with aren't exactly tearing it up on recruiting or performance on the floor or retention of players.

I doubt you can say for sure that any player "would have" come here had [xyz] assistant coach been hired, but I don't understand the posts that seem to dig at Williams. The guy got a raw deal from the U and I'm glad he won his case.

I mean, give me a break, the administration pulls his offer because of something the former players did while he was an assistant 30 years ago. Ridiculous. And did it work out for us? The staff Tubby ended up with aren't exactly tearing it up on recruiting or performance on the floor or retention of players.

I was wondering why no one had taken a shot at Maturi yet in this thread. Close enough. :D

Top Bottom