Amare Skills Academy

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
Minnesota represented well with Trevor and Alec Brown. Trevor listed at 6'9" 237, somehow I doubt those measurments. Willey Cauley, A.J. Hammons, and Adam Woodbury are also attending (all gopher targets). Hopefully Trevor can represent our university well for those recruits and the other college players. Congrats Trev! Good luck!

Sounds like Adam Woodbury is blowing up. I'd love to get him, but I have a feeling he ends up at UNC, Kansas, or Iowa.

I really don't like how our recruiting is going in 2012. If you look at some articles with demarquise johnson, he doesn't even mention minnesota, when we were in his top 4 at some point. Hopefully Tubby is working hard. I just feel like our assisstant coaches aren't worth their salaries, or mayne their just too old school. I dont know

The 2012 class is loaded with big guys. It would be really nice if we could grab one in the top 100. Hopefully we'll start seeing the Gophers mentioned by some of those guys in July. If we're able to get a top 100 big guy, preferably power forward, I'd be much more forgiving if we miss out on Que.

Im puzzled why they arent pursuing the memphis guys more with the pipeline we have established. Poythress and Stokes. On rivals Minnesota is listed as one of Poythress' top choices, but we are like the only school that hasnt offered. Tubby better also be looking hard at Gesell. We need a PG, and I have a feeling him and Woodbury want to play together

Trying to get Gesell and Woodbury as sort of a package deal is an interesting thought. Not sure if it would work, but it's interesting. Gessell might be good enough to deserve an offer even if we don't get Woodbury, so it might be worth a try. Keep in mind he's teammates with Marcus Paige as well and UNC needs a big guy. Stokes would probably be a waste of time trying to recruit so not pursuing him is understandable to me. Maybe we have a chance with Poythress, who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf1ljvmrcoM
poythress mentions us here. I would love this kid. Smart, athletic, perfrect for our pressing system. Reminds me of Oto, but with Rodney williams atheleticism. Andre, Austin, and Poythress would make for a good core 2 years from now. I love Tennessee like I never knew before lol.

I really don't like how our recruiting is going in 2012. If you look at some articles with demarquise johnson, he doesn't even mention minnesota, when we were in his top 4 at some point. Hopefully Tubby is working hard. I just feel like our assisstant coaches aren't worth their salaries, or mayne their just too old school. I dont know

There are schools that are not hitting the 2012 class that hard because of how stacked the 2013 class is. I'm not saying that's what Tubby is doing, but I'm sure he knows what's coming up. Also coaches are still at home right now. Come July 5th we should start to see who the targets are of this class.

There are schools that are not hitting the 2012 class that hard because of how stacked the 2013 class is. I'm not saying that's what Tubby is doing, but I'm sure he knows what's coming up. Also coaches are still at home right now. Come July 5th we should start to see who the targets are of this class.

Interesting theory. I've been avoiding the temptation to post again about the lack of buzz in regards to the Gophers 2012 class. As I see it, there will be a minimum of 3 scholarships available for that class* and perhaps more. I would be fine with keeping one open for 2013, but I doubt we'd keep multiple scholarships open.

*Yes we only have two seniors, but Rodney will be finishing his JR year and could look to move on while he still has some upside in scouts eyes (or better yet has a great year) and I see a good possiblity of one of the guards transferring because they will not all get PT.

Because of the year the Gophs had they might not be on the radar of some kids right now, they like to go with a winner, it might just be a down year.

Top Bottom