Paul Carter - 2011 NBA Draft Pick???

JackyHemmingway

Reaction score
It looks like Paul Carter has been attracting alot of NBA attention this year. He has worked out with 4 teams ( Bulls, Bucks, T-wolves (twice), Jazz (twice)) and from what I see online he could be a middle to late second round pick!

That would be awesome to have a Gopher Alumni drafted!

Bucks GM Billy McKinney...

*** Paul Carter ***
After today’s workout, it looks like the Bucks will definitely keep Paul Carter’s file on record for a while.

McKinney said, “One of the things was he was in great shape. When you’re coming to a workout – I think it’s so important – one of the things if you’re going to impress people is you have to be in great shape. He had a really good feel for the game. . . Good rebounder, good solid defender, made some outside shots and played with a lot of energy.”

Out of this group of second round/undrafted prospects, Carter impressed the most. His performance may keep him in mind when the team needs to fill a spot with a 10-day contract.

Quote of the Day

Paul Carter on his preparation for workouts: “I’ve been working out at Attack Athletics with Tim Grover. He’s obviously the best in the game at what he does. He has trained the best – he trained Michael Jordan – so he knows what he’s doing. He makes sure we’re prepared before we come to these workouts.”

The Utah Jazz - GM

But how are these SFs that we are working out ever going to “fall” to us? The JAZZ not having a late draft pick. None of these guys are going to end up as walk-ons. THEN I saw Walt Perrin’s interview yesterday and he was asked if any of these players had surprised him. He responded saying that Paul Carter had surprised him. That Carter had had two ”very good workouts”. Who is Paul Carter? I notice that the JAZZ haven’t posted any of his post workout videos on the internet for us (or other NBA teams) to see. I also saw Perrin in a clip (which I can’t find now) talking about Sunday’s workouts where he specifically mentions Jeremy Evans as an example of unknowns coming in and having incredible workouts. I assume Wes Matthews had a JAZZ workout at one time.

http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/2011_jazz_predraft_workout_day_5.html

I just saw this video. Looks like Paul has improved drastically in one season. I LOVE PAUL CARTER!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8OqzO0Yt5U

He's a versatile guy with good athleticism, not surprising the NBA would be intrigued by him. Plus he's a great guy who's a hard worker.

Fingers crossed for Paul and a nice NBA check.

Top Bottom