New Webisode Ideas? List?

Reaction score
Recent webisodes have focused on Kill's tour around the state marketing/promoting his program to the Gopher faithful. Those have been helpful in reinforcing Kill's approach to rebuilding the program and elaborating his expectations for the team to play physical, fast etc.

Various comments on several threads have expressed interest in Penny Films broadening their recent content to include more webisodes covering other topics of interest to fans.

For example, I would like to see some interviews with members of the 2011 class now on campus for summer school, their daily routine and why they chose Minnesota over other opportunities.

Also, perhaps a webisode on Kill's summer camps and the role they play in the recruitng process.

Any other ideas for new content?

Maybe a list of ideas would be helpful to Kill, Joel M, and Penny Films for determining what Gopher fans would like to see before 2/d camp gets underway in August.

what they plan to change or add about the actual gameday experience and operation, example: do they plan to have a new intro for the team? Have the same song before each fourth quater (still think "Let Me Clear my Throat" would be a great song to get the student section dancing,cheering, and singing) etc...

Show off the campus and city.

In addition to what has been suggested already, which are all good ideas, I would like to see video of the workouts players are doing now, with info on how these are different than what they've done in the past.

no more "on the road" pieces, please.

It says it's the last one, and they released it a day after the last one, so don't expect any more of them. For all we know they could be working on collecting film on players during the offseason, but give it time to develop some, I'm sure Kill doesn't want the cameras just repeatedly bugging the players all offseason, there's probably some limitations on that aspect, but I'm sure as the summer progresses we'll see more new material.

More stuff about the players like the rallis/beal webisode. Maybe something just on Q. I think the O-line would be fun guys too.

The ideas above are all good and I would like to see many of them in the near future. One of the many areas I would like to see showcased would be a webisode highlighting our Strength and Conditioning coach Eirc Klien (sp?) On more than one occasion I have heard coach Kill refer to him as the best in the country. The basics on summer workouts, how goals are identified, given a time frame and then measured. Granted I know he probably could not give precise statistical data for individuals but some broad ideas/concepts etc. about his program and roll within Kill's system would be pretty interesting.

More stuff about the players like the rallis/beal webisode. Maybe something just on Q. I think the O-line would be fun guys too.

Oh God, that stuff was so freaking stupid. More on actual football, less interviewing players which is always brutal.

Oh God, that stuff was so freaking stupid. More on actual football, less interviewing players which is always brutal.

Ok, this I can agree with. Player interviews should be as brief and to the point as possible. I swear they used footage of that Rallis interview in at least 10 webisodes.

But absolutely the focus needs to shift on the players. Enough with Kill and his "play hard, play fast, give me your all, be a good person, kiss your mother on the cheek, etc. etc. etc." rhetoric.

These webisodes have a golden opportunity to show future recruits what it's like to be a Gopher football student-athlete. Looking at the facilities (practice and game day), the workouts, going to classes, community activities, workouts, etc. Heck, show me a football party/bbq on the weekend! Follow these guys around this summer and show us what it's like. That's the goldmine that's so far been pretty untapped.

Top Bottom