Wow! Minnesota Alumni in California expect

Reaction score
7,000 to 10,000 Gopher fans for the USC game. I think that maybe a tad high, but we attended the Cal game a few years back and I was surprised at the number of Gopher fans at that game; many who lived in California. I could easily see that number if it were a Bowl game because of the snow birds. My friend says the U of M Alumni Association is pretty strong in California. It would be great to see that many for Coach Kills first game.

I think it will help that the Twins are playing the same weekend out there and it's Labor day weekend. I am thinking there will be a fairly large group coming up from San Diego.

Minnesota definitely has a strong base in the SW, like California and Arizona. Wouldn't surprise me to see a pretty strong showing down there, especially those trying to catch a glimpse of Kill's first game for the Gophers.

I'm still thinking about going with a couple buddies, but I'm a poor grad student so.... It's not the flight or hotel or tix, its the cash I'll pay going out at night.....

I know I'm really looking forward to the game. There are a lot of Minnesotans in CA who would like to see the team.

I'm still thinking about going with a couple buddies, but I'm a poor grad student so.... It's not the flight or hotel or tix, its the cash I'll pay going out at night.....

Come on.. they probably have PBR in Cali...

Top Bottom