Tailgating @ TCF Bank...

Al_4_State

Reaction score
Hey guys, ISU alum/fan here. My brother (also an ISU alum) is starting grad school @ U of M this fall. Our mom is an Iowa alum, and her husband and my grandpa are big Iowa fans. We're looking at maybe hitting the Iowa/Minnesota game this year and I have a few questions about game day @ TCF Bank.

1) They have an RV. Is there available public parking for RVs (or vans, they have one of those too).

2) How does this apply for handicap parking? My grandpa is borderline handicap and might have a pass by that point in time. Would this complicate things?

3) How handicap friendly is the stadium?

4) What are the hours/tailgate policies? I generally party pretty hard in Ames, but it will be a lot more laid back being as I'll be with my family. They don't mind tailgating in a rowdy atmosphere though.

Looking forward to checking out TCF Bank (I think it's a beautiful facility) and rooting against the Hawkeyes. Minnesota might have to become my new 2nd team now that I have a connection to the U.

Thanks guys.

Hey guys, ISU alum/fan here. My brother (also an ISU alum) is starting grad school @ U of M this fall. Our mom is an Iowa alum, and her husband and my grandpa are big Iowa fans. We're looking at maybe hitting the Iowa/Minnesota game this year and I have a few questions about game day @ TCF Bank.

1) They have an RV. Is there available public parking for RVs (or vans, they have one of those too).

2) How does this apply for handicap parking? My grandpa is borderline handicap and might have a pass by that point in time. Would this complicate things?

3) How handicap friendly is the stadium?

4) What are the hours/tailgate policies? I generally party pretty hard in Ames, but it will be a lot more laid back being as I'll be with my family. They don't mind tailgating in a rowdy atmosphere though.

Looking forward to checking out TCF Bank (I think it's a beautiful facility) and rooting against the Hawkeyes. Minnesota might have to become my new 2nd team now that I have a connection to the U.

Thanks guys.

Check out this link and the menu on the left side.

There is no overnight RV parking. You are best sered to call the phone numbers listed and plan ahead!

Parking at TCF Bank Stadium

So basically, without a season parking pass the only way you can tailgate is in St. Paul?

Yes - you need a parking pass, but you can buy one on the secondary market over any medium such as Gopherhole. Just keep your eye out as the season gets closer ( I think they send out tickets and parking passes in August) - people will start selling them around then.

Yes - you need a parking pass, but you can buy one on the secondary market over any medium such as Gopherhole. Just keep your eye out as the season gets closer ( I think they send out tickets and parking passes in August) - people will start selling them around then.

Sounds like the smart call. Thanks, guys. Seems like a curious decision to prevent tailgating in day-of-game parking areas.

Sounds like the smart call. Thanks, guys. Seems like a curious decision to prevent tailgating in day-of-game parking areas.

We've discussed this a lot. The U basically charges $2175 and $1175 for the spots close to stadium, incuding the required donation. That's $310 and $168 a game. The close lot is a little more than half full and the ones a couple blocks away are 3/4 full at worst. Even if they are half full, it's way more profit than if they charged all cars $25 and filled them up. It's a benefit to those who pay for the seat licenses. As long as people donate and pay the rate (which I will admit I do), things won't change.

We've discussed this a lot. The U basically charges $2175 and $1175 for the spots close to stadium, incuding the required donation. That's $310 and $168 a game. The close lot is a little more than half full and the ones a couple blocks away are 3/4 full at worst. Even if they are half full, it's way more profit than if they charged all cars $25 and filled them up. It's a benefit to those who pay for the seat licenses. As long as people donate and pay the rate (which I will admit I do), things won't change.

Oh, I fully understand the logic of charging a lot for your donor parking. It's the prime realty, and people are usually willing to pony up.

I was just talking about how the small handful of lots around the U that allow single game parking do not allow tailgating. The whole "you can park here, but you can't hang out and have fun here" thing.

Oh, I fully understand the logic of charging a lot for your donor parking. It's the prime realty, and people are usually willing to pony up.

I was just talking about how the small handful of lots around the U that allow single game parking do not allow tailgating. The whole "you can park here, but you can't hang out and have fun here" thing.

That beef is with with the Minneapolis PD...not the U.

Check TicketKing.com closer to gametime. Our group was able to get tailgate passes for between $25-$60/pass each week last year (this was for the "close" lots)

That beef is with with the Minneapolis PD...not the U.

It's with the city and their BS codes. I remember my freshman year octobonging keg beer in the old lot by the Guthrie. Oh those were the days....

Party on Wayne.

Don't forget the River Flats. The Park Board controls that lot and charges per game.

I thought the same thing until I read this.

As long as the pigeye fans don't have sex in our bathrooms or sneak meth over the border, I'm OK with it.

If you believe everything you read, not only are you...

extremely easy but you must be crocked out of your gord.

It takes a passport, an international letter of credit and a $10,000 damage deposit to insure that good Iowa State fans don't turn into iowa hawkeye fans once their vehicle is parked near TCF BANK STADIUM. There have just been too many unfortuante iowa incidents and it is the price that all now have to pay for the sins of some iowa jerks in the past...you just can never be too cautious...

: 0 )

Why are we helping Iowa fans?

You maroon (see what I did thar?), if you read the OP's post you would know that he's NOT an Iowa fan. In fact, he ended his post saying that Minnesota is basically his 2nd team (the enemy of our enemy bit).

But hey, don't let simply word and sentence structure ruin your fun..

You maroon (see what I did thar?), if you read the OP's post you would know that he's NOT an Iowa fan. In fact, he ended his post saying that Minnesota is basically his 2nd team (the enemy of our enemy bit).

Ehh, he's sort of right. There would likely be Iowa fans with me. I, however, am not an Iowa fan by any stretch.

It's always nice to have a #2 team to pay attention to, and now that my brother is going to the U and has one, I figured I might as well glob on too. The place I went to law school is FCS non-scholly, so I can't really follow them. So between having a personal connection to U of M, an affinity for Minneapolis, and the Gophers playing the two schools I hate the most (Nebraska and Iowa) on an annual basis, it's a pretty easy call.

I thought the same thing until I read this.

As long as the pigeye fans don't have sex in our bathrooms or sneak meth over the border, I'm OK with it.

Public infidelity and home-made stimulants: the calling card of Hawk fans everywhere.

I've noticed (personal observation) that a ton of the Iowa fans who come to Iowa/Minnesota games are white trash who live within an hour of the border, aren't really that in-tune of Hawk fans, and rarely go to games @ Kinnick. I don't know why, but they just liked going up to the Dome and humiliating our entire state.

Hopefully those who went to the last Insight Bowl had good interactions with State fans. We're a drunk lot, but far more civil and friendly than those unwashed masses.

"My grandpa is borderline handicap"

Your grandpa is from wisconsin????

Hehe.

"My grandpa is borderline handicap"

Your grandpa is from wisconsin????

Hehe.

No, Canada. :D

But seriously, he has debilitating arthritis. Probably long term knee damage from his days playing junior hockey in Saskatchewan. He isn't in a wheel chair yet, but it's getting close. He moves slow, and needs a cane. Stairs might as well be a wall. He's a tough SOB, but a half mile stroll is pretty much out of the question for him.

It has been my experience that cyclone fans hate the Idiots Out Walking Around as much or more than us Gopher-lovers.

(virgin post - I was a little nervous and it was a bit painful but am ready for more.)

It has been my experience that cyclone fans hate the Idiots Out Walking Around as much or more than us Gopher-lovers.

(virgin post - I was a little nervous and it was a bit painful but am ready for more.)

We don't have a chant about hating Iowa, but we definitely can't stand the Hawks. If you think its bad dealing with them once every 2 years, imagine sharing a state with them.

I know plenty of great folks who are Hawk fans, but I can also say that pretty much every piece of white trash in Iowa is a Hawk fan (because they've been more successful than ISU over the years and its an easier bandwagon to jump on).

He also said he was bringing some big Hawkeye fans with him. You might want to look into that reading comprehension thing yourself.

Top Bottom