Chris Monter Q&A with McDonald after Gopher camp today; says Gophs still in the mix

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Chris Monter Q&A with McDonald after Gopher camp today; says Gophs still in the mix

Andre McDonald, a 6-foot-3 junior wide receiver from Minnetonka (Minn.) Hopkins who committed to Minnesota on Super Bowl Sunday, decided that he will check out some other Big Ten schools. GopherHole.com caught up with McDonald Sunday at the Gopher camp at TCF Stadium to learn the latest.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1421

Wow. The kid had a chance to be a name but it sounds like he'd rather be a number. Ba-bye if you don't want to be a Gopher; but why be so fake about it in the first place????

If looking around doesn't reaffirm McDonald's desire to be a gopher then this is a huge loss but talking down on and going after the kid is an embarassment.
He would be dumb not to further investigate his options. This way if/when he comes back to the gophers he knows he made the right choice, an educated choice.
However, I'm not delusional. I realize this significantly reduces the Gophers chances.
Here's hoping he comes back around.

This sounds just like Jabari Price, commited then decided to look around and next thing you know he was a Tar Heel. Have some Minnesota pride McDonald.

As always, these kids will do what they think is best for themselves. Really though, how many kids at 17 know what is best in the long run. Here is hoping he is still a Gopher, if not we will try to find the next recruit that wants to play here. I would like as many Minnesota kids on our roster that we can get. IMHO it would make our rise back to the top even better if the roster was loaded with Minnesota kid. In the long run though, all I care about is getting the program back to the top and zip codes don't matter for that.

Top Bottom